Ring Modulation...and more!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
John Bowen
Site Admin

Ring Modulation...and more!

Post by John Bowen » Wed May 13, 2015 5:36 pm

With the news of either a re-release of the Elka Synthex, or an updated digital version called Synthex 2, I thought it was interesting that one of the features talked about was 'extended cross modulation’, including 2 Ring Modulators. It made me think that no one really knows about the two Solaris AM sections, which can be 2 Ring Modulators, or several other types of audio cross modulation algorithms, including Shift, Clip, and Absolute. (See page 41 of the Solaris User Guide viewtopic.php?f=11&t=889)

christeck

Re: Ring Modulation...and more!

Post by christeck » Thu May 14, 2015 9:20 am

I played a bit with the ring modulator, resulting in a couple of sounds, including »Poor Man's Wurly«. I didn't manage to create really outstanding stuff with it, though. In case someone knows of some tutorial resource (including audio material) posting I'm glad for any pointers.

ce

GraigDev

Re: Ring Modulation...and more!

Post by GraigDev » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:50 pm

christeck wrote:
Thu May 14, 2015 9:20 am
I played a bit with the ring modulator, resulting in a couple of sounds, including »Poor Man's Wurly«. I didn't manage to create really outstanding stuff with it, though. In case someone knows of some tutorial resource (including audio material) posting I'm glad for any pointers.

ce
I know what you mean, I can make some basic stuff with this but I can't seem to make any that special.