other Solaris hardware ideas

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
Octupole

Re: other Solaris hardware ideas

Post by Octupole » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:48 am

From what is known so far, the Waldorf Quantum looks indeed like a killer Synth - just like the Solaris already is. I never felt G.A.S. as much since the appeareance of the Solaris. This will definitely be my next Synth (and my 5th Waldorf). Can't wait to stack it right on top of my Solaris - it will be a perfect complement.

Noiseg33k

Post by Noiseg33k » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Just wanted to chime in. I'm a millenial, and awaiting my solaris. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with mini keys. That is in fact the main reason I am turned off by new korg products.

Side note: Rackmount solaris voice expander would interest me the most.

John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 am

Noiseg33k wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 pm
Just wanted to chime in. I'm a millenial, and awaiting my solaris. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with mini keys. That is in fact the main reason I am turned off by new korg products.
Agreed!

Noiseg33k wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 pm
Side note: Rackmount solaris voice expander would interest me the most.
This seems to be the first option we will explore.

bennethos

Post by bennethos » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:30 pm

I would not every buy the solaris in a desktop or rack version. It's like what they've been trying to do with the CS-80 aka Deckard's dream. A CS-80 without the keys, ribbon and massive sliders ??? come on...

I would definitely pay for additional features like effects,voices or some kind of software... Now that we seem to have a great software developer on the forum :)

I would appreciate a massive sounding ring-modulator !