Solaris Expander?

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
John Bowen
Site Admin

Solaris Expander?

Post by John Bowen » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:36 am

I will be showing this Solaris tabletop device at the upcoming NAMM show, booth 9900. We are also taking pre-orders now for it. Introductory price is $2999. Please see message below.

IMG_7528.png

Octupole

Re: something new?

Post by Octupole » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:41 am

WOW !!! What a teaser, out of the blue...

A Solaris desktop with the full blown UI - this would certainly be a very intesting product for those who do not yet own a Solaris.

John, can you already disclose more details about hardware and/or OS? Would it contain the same hardware / DSPs as the current keyboard version, or would there be a new version including more recent and powerful DSPs? You mentioned in other threads that a new board version with more powerful DSPs could be envisaged.

Would it contain the same OS as the current keyboard version, or would it enventually contain new developments by Hrast?

Personally, I could envisage trading my Solaris from the very first batch (S/N #83) against a desktop module, provided the latter contained more powerful hardware and an advanced OS.

Thanks for these good news and a lot of success for this endeavor!

John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:38 pm

The new version of the main board that I (prematurely) mentioned is still in long-term development. For now we will be using the same hardware as we have had for any current or future product.

Now, regarding the OS...well that is a different situation. :-)

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:05 pm

Joined the group just to follow this - very interesting :D

ECR

Post by ECR » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:52 am

yes, I would be interested!

John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Solaris Expander?

Post by John Bowen » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:23 am

I will start pre-orders for those interested. Introductory price is $2999 - black cabinet only, LCD displays. OLED may be a possible upgrade in the future, but sourcing of the black LCD is currently an issue.

You can reserve a unit with a 50% deposit ($1500) via PayPal to sales @johnbowen.com with a note for Solaris Expander. I will let you know planned delivery dates as soon as possible.