John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Wish List For Next firmware update 2012

Post by John Bowen »

darkshine75011 wrote:updating of my wish list :

1 - Multi-sample

2 - more polyphony, dual engine with capacity of Split / Layer

2 - draft effect

3 - new filter: roland Jupiter 8/TB303 (18db), Yamaha CS80, filter 48db, 96db filter
( i have on my motu 896 mk3 the filter 48db is incredible )

4 - New Oscillator :

- Digital oscilateur like C64 SID with ""punch""
- In 24bit /96 hz Samples of oscillators "short looped" keys by keys for grain of
ROLAND, ARP, MOOG, OSCAR, OBERHEIM .......

5 - new effect reverb, compressor, gate ...

6 - Direct sampling 8bit, 12bit, 16bit, 24bit , 96hz to any 1hz by the converter
fast and working the ribbon looped sample, just touch key assignment or auto-detection

7 - streaming compactflash memomy or external usb SSD Drive for more memory

8 - Pre amplifier after the oscillator module like Kempler profiling

9 - core scope dsp usb for more

10 - editor PC / MAC iPad iPhone

:idea:
darkshine, I don’t have you listed as an owner. Please send me a private message if this is incorrect.

Many of your suggestions are not practical, and/or would make the Solaris MUCH more expensive than it already is! And streaming is not going to happen with the current board layout.

I also don’t know what you mean by ‘draft effect’; please explain.

I appreciate the enthusiasm and interest, but there are practical (meaning budgetary) limits to what the Solaris can become! Better to design a different product to incorporate such additions.
(Also, keep in mind that such a firmware ‘update’ will not be a free update; the cost of this kind of OS update will be a factor of how much it costs me to hire the coders to get it done!)

cheers,
john b.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

MultiMode for cash is cool, but I'd rather see performance features, bells and whistles, more sampling at this point just isnt necessary IMO.
Im using the Sample Oscillators now and they are quite useful, but I am happier with the sound quality firstmost, and so happy I am not tortured by having to use a Native synth for live work.
Ive demo'd and played the best, those DOGS wont hunt....
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
darkshine75011

Post by darkshine75011 »

John: I also don’t know what you mean by ‘draft effect’; please explain.
Sorry " analog drift " , VCO random and living

I Wish much,
I am very happy to be its future owner.

8)
galaxiesmerge

Post by galaxiesmerge »

darkshine75011 wrote:John: I also don’t know what you mean by ‘draft effect’; please explain.
Sorry " analog drift " , VCO random and living

I Wish much,
I am very happy to be its future owner.

8)
Yes - I think that randomization of parameters in small amounts will give a very, very organic feel --- I have been experimenting with the single note randomization (it is manual) on the u-he DIVA and it makes a *huge* difference to the feel of the sounds. I am sure that in time this can be done ... we just need to get past the first SOLARIS production run and into the next with updates and/or paid upgrade feature sets along the way. And what I mean is that we need a large sale of SOLARIS ... that would spur things on past its first production run :)
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy
Tak

Post by Tak »

V-Synth like sample mangler. I would prefer its synthiness to even multisample support, especially when the sample memory is limited.
Neutron

Re: Wish List For Next firmware update

Post by Neutron »

i just want "guitar mode" which is not much different from poly aftertouch. Solaris is fantastic played from the continuum (mono only though) even the virus poops out when you send it continuum data, the Solaris is all like "no problemo, ill play that!"

in guitar mode, you are in the same preset, but each midi channel has different pitch bend, and the current note/voice only responds to its own pitch bend, touch, CC etc.

hopefully it can be done eventually with multi mode. but im quite happy anyways, Solaris is awesome now.

(its the same mode people with MIDI guitars or guitar to MIDI would use as well, not just continuum users)
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Bloody, Lucky You.. :!:
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Neutron wrote:i just want "guitar mode" which is not much different from poly aftertouch. Solaris is fantastic played from the continuum (mono only though) even the virus poops out when you send it continuum data, the Solaris is all like "no problemo, ill play that!"

in guitar mode, you are in the same preset, but each midi channel has different pitch bend, and the current note/voice only responds to its own pitch bend, touch, CC etc.

hopefully it can be done eventually with multi mode. but im quite happy anyways, Solaris is awesome now.

(its the same mode people with MIDI guitars or guitar to MIDI would use as well, not just continuum users)
Only issue I see with what you described as "guitar mode" is that the John already explained the multimode would only provide 4 parts.
But I guess you would already be happy with a 4 cords "continuum guitar" expression.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to give a try with Mutable Instruments Ambika (6 voices that can be mapped to 6 individual channels).
Not as powerful/high end as the Solaris but already providing quite nice and clever features.
CheerZ