How much runs will the Solaris have ?

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
Soul circuits

How much runs will the Solaris have ?

Post by Soul circuits »

Hi lucky owners (or future lucky one) & John if you are around,

I was wondering even the Solaris will never be a mass product synth ala access how much runs this project will offer before Solaris mk 2 will follow (if there is one 8) ? Will the Solaris with 500 units (5 runs ) is imaginable ? It would become a collector item even at 1 k I guess...it makes no difference except for collectors but well it makes you feel more unique I guess as it has from what I'm hearing a real personality.

Sorry for the blabla, you are so concentrated on playing you dont chat too much around :wink:
Cheers,
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: How much runs will the Solaris have ?

Post by John Bowen »

Ah, if only I could predict this!!
I will say that it’s not very likely to ever be a ‘mass product synth’ as the Access Virus, simply based on the price....and we never expected to compete with the Virus anyway.
Somewhere between the 500 to 1000 pieces as you suggest would be nice, though!
Soul circuits

Re: How much runs will the Solaris have ?

Post by Soul circuits »

Thank you so much John for you're reply, I wish the Solaris all success it deserves with all the hard work and passion you put on it, I'm on the German Thomann waiting list by the way.

I think an important success factor (except technical and creative aspects of the "tool") is the community aspect, when people are sharing together their love for they synth (it happens to me with very few items I jealously keep !) for example: more demos, tips& trick, tutorial as you did , patch sharing, official super sound star designer bank... For example in another music instrument type , the tempest has a very active community which is more efficient than any marketing campaign (even the goal is not to compete with access in term of sales volumes )
All the best,
Isham