SOLARIS at the MusikMesse 2012 !

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
HUROLURA

Re: SOLARIS at the MusikMesse 2012 !

Post by HUROLURA »

Yep, it was a wonderfull experience to try the Solaris for real. Thanks a lot for your time and effort John.

And sound editing is just straightforward although the synth possibilities are just frightenning. As the only thing I could do up to now was reading the manual once, it was just so easy to get through the user interface to play around and tweak sounds. And, yes the sound you can get out of this synth is just tremendous. You defintely deserve a lot of succes with this one.

PS: sorry no time to check the Phisis Piano on my side as I wasn't even able to find viscount booth on my way out of the show. Sorry for that scope4live. :(
CheerZ
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Some pictures from the MusikMesse available here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76472424@N ... 299815616/

Last edited by HUROLURA on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
CheerZ
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Nice booth, thanks chief.....
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

HUROLURA wrote:Some pictures from the MusikMesse available here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76472424@N ... 299815616/
Nice pics! The dark Solari look great with the wood endcheeks. I see the Schmidt was in the background, maybe if I win the lottery......
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

The Schmidt is a testament to the costs and time of bringing a quality instrument to the market.
I'd love one too, but think I'd rather take the short sell of the 30k condo down the street from me....
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

I played the Schmidt at NAMM, it was pretty awesome. But at at least $30K and probably several years before making it to market, I can buy quite a few lottery tickets until then.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Regarding the Physis piano, here is a demo from the Musikmesse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... GCzvwFbWxk

Would have preferred it to provide a mix model mode to create new instruments ...
CheerZ
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Any other feedback from the Musikmesse last day, John ?
Or just regarding second run orders ?

Still just happy to have had the opportunity to meet you and your synths. :D
Now I have to figure out how I could find money to buy one Solaris :mrgreen:
CheerZ
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Nothing special....just trying to get all of the parts ordered for the next build now. Some suppliers have a very long ‘lead time’ (the time it takes from when you order the part to when it’s delivered), such as Fatar, which can affect when we can actually have a finished product to ship (I’m told it’s 8-10 weeks to get the keyboards).

jb
tinhu

Post by tinhu »

John Bowen wrote:Nothing special....just trying to get all of the parts ordered for the next build now. Some suppliers have a very long ‘lead time’ (the time it takes from when you order the part to when it’s delivered), such as Fatar, which can affect when we can actually have a finished product to ship (I’m told it’s 8-10 weeks to get the keyboards).

jb
8-10 weeks to get the keyboards ? :shock:
When the production will restart John ? :cry:
"switched on bach"
ThePhen

Post by ThePhen »

John Bowen wrote:Nothing special....just trying to get all of the parts ordered for the next build now. Some suppliers have a very long ‘lead time’ (the time it takes from when you order the part to when it’s delivered), such as Fatar, which can affect when we can actually have a finished product to ship (I’m told it’s 8-10 weeks to get the keyboards).
Thanks for sharing this info. Given how great looking these units you've produced are, it's easy to fall into the sense that these are mass-produced boards franticly flying off of some conveyor belt at the John Bowen Smelting, Chip Fab & Manufactory Instrument Emporium Complex.

I love getting these peeks into the process. Years from now, people will wax-on about these tidbits as they reminisce on those early years of Solaris with nostalgia.

Keep it up!
Patate le mgae

Post by Patate le mgae »

tinhu wrote:

jb
8-10 weeks to get the keyboards ? :shock:
When the production will restart John ? :cry:
Don't be worry Tinhu, i think John is speaking about the next 100 units, our units are not concerned by this info.