SOLARIS at the MusikMesse 2012 !

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
HUROLURA

SOLARIS at the MusikMesse 2012 !

Post by HUROLURA »

Hi,

Just wanted to know if the SOLARIS would be at next Musikmesse 2012 show and if John would be there ?
CheerZ
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: SOLARIS at the MusikMesse 2012 !

Post by John Bowen »

Hi,

Yes, I’m sorry - I forgot to post this! I will be at the Frankfurt Messe (March 21-24), in the EMC Group - Halle 5.1, booth C47. They also handle Moog, Spektralis, and the wonderful Schmidt synthesizer! So, any owners or interested persons, please drop by and say hello!

John B.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Cool

I will met you there then ...
CheerZ
galaxiesmerge

Post by galaxiesmerge »

Great :)
I hope that for the rest of us who will not be there that we get some videos or presentation of the event!
Thanks
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I will try to bring my old digital camera, so probably pictures but I wouldn't be able to make videos ...
CheerZ
Neotrope

Post by Neotrope »

Hopefully those of us waiting on our Solaris from the Xmas "shipping before January" emails, then NAMM delay, then German vacation, then no power supply, etc., will see ours shipping out before Messe? Three more months of waiting has been painful!!!!
I have so much MIDI gear it would warp your soul.

I am the CEO of Neotrope® and am also the editor at MusicIndustryNewswire.com and have been a music journalist and MIDI guru since 1984 (ie since MIDI existed).
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

In Germany they can't remember all of the Holdiays they have.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I do not think the vacation do have something to do with the delay.

If some things have to be rebuild, it just takes time to go through the whole building process ...
CheerZ
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Just envious, that's all......
BTW if you go there, please if you have time check out the Viscount Piano called Physis.
I believe it's using 6 x SHARC's and looks like a great instrument.
Hopefully it can double as a controller too, especially since that company made my Oberheim MC3000 which still has many more features and light years ahead of the junk they bring us every year. It was built in 1995 too.....

I Appreciate it chief...

HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Well, this would be hard for me as I do not really like piano sounds. So I wouldn't be fair on that one ...
CheerZ
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Thanks anyways, I am sure they'll be other trustworthy souls to pass along the information.
I am interested in anything that uses 6 x SHARC DSP's and uses several PhysMods, not just Piano.....

Have Fun...

John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: SOLARIS at the MusikMesse 2012

Post by John Bowen »

scope4live wrote:Just envious, that's all......
BTW if you go there, please if you have time check out the Viscount Piano called Physis.
I believe it's using 6 x SHARC's and looks like a great instrument.
Check out their Web site:
http://physispiano.com/

and this video from the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GCzvwFb ... r_embedded#!
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

So how are things going in the Solaris booth? Any VIP guests, pics, videos?
Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson »

yeah if anybody managed to take some new videos of the Solaris I would love to see them
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

This year, like last year, I'm in the booth of EMC, the company who distributes Moog, Spektralis, Mellotron, and the Solaris...and yes, the magnificent Schmidt prototype is here again as well (and it still sound wonderful!).

Lots of feedback - all positive - regarding the Solaris. So many owners and would-be owners have come by to say hello, and/or check out the sound of the Solaris in person. The main result of this year's show is a ton of new orders, which is great, of course!

As for VIP guest, or video - the only video has been by a Czech Web site, and probably the biggest artist represented was by Neil Palmer, long-time keyboardist for Xavier Naidoo, one of Germany's biggest popular singers (I really like his voice - the tonal quality is deep and rich, even though I cannot understand the words!). I had a very long and thoughtful discussion with Neil - he's got tons of experience with all sorts of synth gear, especially some 'golden oldies', and he was so complimentary of the Solaris, saying something like, "It's nice to see someone is making a real professional synthesizer again". Lots of good insight, and I really appreciated what he had to say.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Messe, (Saturday), generally know as Public Day, or 'Day the Great Masses of Kids & Teens' descend on the Messe grounds for a frenzied look at all the new toys. (Of course, it's not all under 18s - many hard working people who are 'weekend warriors' playing music will be there, too.) It's usually quite crowded & noisy.

SO, that's about all to say - great response, lots of interest, and I hope those still waiting can hang on just a little bit longer.... :-)

Cheers,
John