notable celebrity seal of approval for Solaris!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
SubliminalEffect

notable celebrity seal of approval for Solaris!

Post by SubliminalEffect »

check out this tweet from Derek Sherinian (ex-Dream Theater) - https://twitter.com/DerekSherinian/stat ... 8355901441

"I am declaring the John Bowen "Solaris" the most amazing synthesizer that I have ever played. WOW! Thank you!!! johnbowen.com"
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: notable celebrity seal of approval for Solaris!

Post by John Bowen »

We delivered Derek a loaner unit for use in his upcoming recording session with Joe Bonamassa and Black Country Communion next month. I’m very excited to hear what he does with it!
matocaster

Post by matocaster »

That's awesome! I can't wait to hear what Derek does with the Solaris! He's a shred machine, so it should be some wild stuff! I'm a big fan of the lead singer/bassist of BCC, Glenn Hughes. He is an amazing musician and writer and was in Deep Purple Mk IV with one of my favorite guitarists ever, Tommy Bolin.
Everyone knows me as a guitar player!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Immediately following the recording session, Derek told me he is leaving to go on tour with Billy Idol, starting in Russia. He also stated this:
"I can’t imagine NOT having a Solaris ever again. I must bring this synth on the Billy Idol Tour."
Weston Underwood

Post by Weston Underwood »

That's great news John.

But he can get to the back of the queue!

:lol: ;-)

Mike
jaykeel

Post by jaykeel »

Now you just have to loan Jordan Rudess one. He lives 5 minutes from me and I'm sure he'd love it! Great guy. And talk about a programmer!! WOW
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Turn it in on the gear manifest to Billy Idols management in the unpaid catagory....
Great news though as keys in Billy Idol were very prominet and tasteful, where the pads had time to unwind their envelopes and LFOs........
Maybe they can use music to remove Putin like doing a 30 minute version of Rebel Yell.

Congrats.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
galaxiesmerge

Post by galaxiesmerge »

I think it is a great idea to get a SOLARIS over to others too, like Jordan Rudess - famous people will drive open market awareness, sales and, for us who are waiting, sales means future features are more likely to be delivered. However, I think once you get to about 3 to 6 units out there, and once there are a few good usable quotes, that it would be good to have a page on Bowen's site about all that. Also, live demos, with people actually playing the unit, will replace the doldrums of the tutorial videos --- what makes keys sell also is seeing them played by virtuoso players. I am very keen on getting my SOLARIS too and I am in line, committed and supportive, but I also want the unit to have *sales* *sales* *sales* since that guarantees longevity, support, fixes, features and so many other things --- there are folks on this forum that have all kinds of really cool feature requests, and, I will venture to bet that there are folks, perhaps even on this forum, that could implement those features for the SOLARIS (like a kind of open-platform thing) --- how cool is that? Symbolic Sound does this with their user community and it works as a business model really well because I can download many, many different kinds of sound models from the Kyma user wiki site (which is closed to the public). A keyboard where the manufacturer actually *listens* to the customers, and creates for the customers, and satisfies the customers is unbeatable, and that is one of the reasons (among many more) that I am awaiting my SOLARIS.
Cheers!
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy