SOS magazine Awards vote

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
John Bowen
Site Admin

SOS magazine Awards vote

Post by John Bowen »

Sound On Sound magazine has posted its awards contest. The Solaris has been nominated on the list, and it would be great if any Solaris fans here would cast a vote for us!

Here's the link:
http://www.sosawards.com

You also are entered into a great contest to win a home studio setup, which looks pretty impressive. Voting has to ne in by November 30th.

It's a pretty good list:

Virus TI
MiniBrute
Nord Stage 2
DSI Tetra
Solaris
Kronos
Monotribe
Minimoog Voyager XL
Minitaur
Jupiter 50/80
Teenage Engineering OP1
Novation Ultranova
HUROLURA

Re: SOS magazine Awards vote

Post by HUROLURA »

Already voted. Guess what, I vote for the Solaris ;)
CheerZ
tinhu

Post by tinhu »

I have a moog voyager xl and not a solaris for now , but i vote for solaris ( i hope for chrismas ...)
"switched on bach"
Fidgit

Post by Fidgit »

as much as i like the solaris, i guess it will be hard to win the award. how many units were sold to real customers up to now? so many potential buyers still consider it vaporware and see / have no chance to get one.

still no chance to get one in germany for months / years now. only a vague "on request" comment in the online shops of the retailers, if the solaris is listed at all. :roll:
wouter

Post by wouter »

I voted for the Solaris.

I hope that I receive my Solaris in 2013 :)
Patate le mgae

Post by Patate le mgae »

I vote for Solaris, i hope i'll be happy with mine next february.
lotus-eater

Post by lotus-eater »

Fidgit wrote:as much as i like the solaris, i guess it will be hard to win the award. how many units were sold to real customers up to now? so many potential buyers still consider it vaporware and see / have no chance to get one.

still no chance to get one in germany for months / years now. only a vague "on request" comment in the online shops of the retailers, if the solaris is listed at all. :roll:
So many pre-order customers still consider it vaporware and see / have no chance to get one. :(

Kind of a strange list. I mean in what way are the Monotribe and the Nord Stage 2 even remotely comparable? Or Minitaur and Kronos? Or OP1 and anything else on that list? :wink:
galaxiesmerge

Post by galaxiesmerge »

I voted SOLARIS ... mainly because I have a *lot* of gear and keyboards as well as having actually tried most of the others on the list. The Korg KRONOS is an excellent keyboard and I will likely buy one of those but I voted SOLARIS based on the demos I have heard, the architecture, and the sound design I have listened to on Soundcloud as well as my own experience of what it takes to make a good instrument. I too am on a wait list but, others have already commented that have received theirs and that is good enough for me too. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving all!
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy