What tact switches does the solaris use?

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
ME109

What tact switches does the solaris use?

Post by ME109 »

This is mildly off topic but I have been looking at the Solaris and thinking about getting in the queue. I like those switches like the ones on the Solaris and the Virus synths and always wondered what they are? I would love to use those in diy stuff.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: What tact switches does the solaris use?

Post by John Bowen »

I will have to ask.

john b.
ME109

Post by ME109 »

great I'd love to know.
Congratulations on the Solaris, it's a huge achievement, I can only imagine the work that has gone into it yourself and what must be a small group of people. Software, electrical design, mechanical/industrial design. It's amazing that we have the opportunity to buy one these. I was watching the developing and youtube videos about three years ago and just got back to checking it out, reading feedback and seeing if maybe I'm interested in selling off some gear to get on the waiting list ;)
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

ME109 wrote: I like those switches like the ones on the Solaris and the Virus synths and always wondered what they are? I would love to use those in diy stuff.
Actually, I just realized - you probably are talking about the switch cap, not the switch itself? They are separate, you know. The actual switch sits on the circuit board, then we have to manually 'push on' the caps for each switch. I'm not sure where Sonic Core got the caps from....I'll have to find out.

john b.
ME109

Post by ME109 »

about the switch cap, not the switch itself?
yes, the cap. I'm sure they use a standard type tact switch but I never see caps like those in catalogs. Since I see that similar one on many different synths I wonder if they are custom tooled parts or off the shelf. I see you guys will be at namm, be cool to stop by and say hi and try out the solaris if I make it to the show.