SOLARIS SOFTWARE - THIRD PARTY ADD-ONS

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
galaxiesmerge

SOLARIS SOFTWARE - THIRD PARTY ADD-ONS

Post by galaxiesmerge »

I am curious as to what folks would like to see in SOLARIS software add-ons.

I can see that there are various SOLARIS third-party add-ons, like arpeggiators and editors and other software (like preset handlers) that run on Mac or PC or perhaps iPad.

But this is a new territory where there is a huge amount of possibilities.

Anyone have ideas as to what they'd like to see?

I for one would like to see real-time iPAD controllers, like what you get on SPECTRASONICS Omnisphere ....

Any comments welcome!
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy
galaxiesmerge

Re: SOLARIS SOFTWARE - THIRD PARTY ADD-ONS

Post by galaxiesmerge »

Hi,

I guess some folks have viewed this ... well I got interested in coding for SOLARIS and took on the MacOSX port of Julian Schmidts excellent codebase for the SolarisArpEditor - I had only one bugfix on the baseline codebase that Julian wrote which is to say that Julian's work is just superb, it's excellent and good code.

In any case, working on the code, I started to think about what other things would be fun and so I am pinging this again. Of course, if there is not interest in more advanced add-ons, well, I'll probably just write them for myself although if there is any thoughts or ideas, I am open and curious. Also, if anyone out there is a hot shot with iPAD coding, I am working (I should say "learning" the iPAD code base and hope to port the other Solaris add-ons to iPAD). Any reaction is welcome.

I hope this helps contextualize why I am asking - I am asking as a coder (and without making any promises just yet) - :)

Cheers,

Arun

galaxiesmerge wrote:I am curious as to what folks would like to see in SOLARIS software add-ons.

I can see that there are various SOLARIS third-party add-ons, like arpeggiators and editors and other software (like preset handlers) that run on Mac or PC or perhaps iPad.

But this is a new territory where there is a huge amount of possibilities.

Anyone have ideas as to what they'd like to see?

I for one would like to see real-time iPAD controllers, like what you get on SPECTRASONICS Omnisphere ....

Any comments welcome!
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy
Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson »

I'm sure I'll have lots of input for this when I get my Solaris but until then I am trying to hold of on feature requests and suggestions for add on material :)
vega

Post by vega »

:P
Nice idea ,

an Ipad controler for the sequencer , the oscillators , the modulations ,arp , filters , envelopes ,rotors and so ....?
With graphics editings ...

would be fantastic !
Neil

Post by Neil »

Lemur iPad controller is fantasic - if only a clever programmer could write some good templates for it!!!
With the motion physics it can make impressive automations & modulations.
You really should check it out as its by far the most advance iPad controller out there..