SERVICE YOU CAN COUNT ON :)

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
galaxiesmerge

SERVICE YOU CAN COUNT ON :)

Post by galaxiesmerge »

:D

John had sent me a black SOLARIS (which was on my original order). However, I had changed my order after because my wife (a musician also) insisted that we get a white SOLARIS. Well, after I got the black SOLARIS I got a note from John when I mentioned it and shortly a WHITE SOLARIS arrived. I was going to take pictures of both while I had them here but decided not to (I am already in trouble with other friends for gear lust) :mrgreen:

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that this was a SUPER FAST turnaround and I could not be happier. John made every effort to help and to let me know that he was working on it and he got it to me in record time.

I have to say, this is real service!!!

Awesome - and I AM AN EXTREMELY HAPPY CUSTOMER - This synth is to die for :lol:

Video will be out sometime this Memorial Day Weekend.

Cheers.
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy
Soul circuits

Re: SERVICE YOU CAN COUNT ON :)

Post by Soul circuits »

So you have now 2 Solaris !? Mine is shipping by tomorrow or Friday from Germany ! For the color aspect which is personal , I finally have the black one which looks great with blue screens
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Actually, he only has one now...a white one. The black one just arrived at my door.
Patate le mgae

Post by Patate le mgae »

:D Too bad you don't have the two....you could have played some old strangler's stuff with them.

In fact i'm really thinking about buying a second one, because when i play one with one of my hand and put my other one on another synth, this one is very jealous. :(

And of course it will be a black one :mrgreen:
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

I could tell you a story about JBowen in Vegas, but only if he wants to speak about it.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, I was in California visiting my sister, and Jimmy was having some problems with his Solaris, so I flew to Vegas to make a 'service call'. He dropped off the synth at my hotel, where I worked on it overnight. Jimmy came back the next day to pick it up, and I headed back to Seattle. (I am not much of a gambling man, but I did manage to catch a Cirque du Soleil show before I left ☺)
Zahush76

Post by Zahush76 »

John Bowen wrote:Jimmy was having some problems with his Solaris, so I flew to Vegas to make a 'service call'.
First of all, great service no doubt.
But might i ask what were these "some problems with his Solaris"?
I mean, he had it since, what, a year and half - maybe two.
What kind of problems? Isn't this a bit early for problems?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

No, this was early on, back in September 2011...not too long after he had first received it.

One thing was very simple - they had left the plastic layer on the graphics display when installing it, instead of pulling it off, so the display had these 'wavy' lines across it. I had to pull it apart to get to the display and peel it off.
He also had one encoder that was 'jumping around' in the Oscillator section, so I replaced the left PCB.