Solaris Synth Limited Edition for Sale

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
sven hauck

Solaris Synth Limited Edition for Sale

Post by sven hauck »

Hi all,

I have one Solaris Synth Limited Edition for sale, including a custom Solaris cover and a AX-90P Ultimate Synth Stand.

The serial number is 00022. Asking price is €3450 excluding shipping. Shipping has to be carried out by Fedex, unless you want to pick it up in Amsterdam.

Please contact me for questions. Photos are below.

http://we.tl/E2jTRssKLc

Sven
sven hauck

Re: Solaris Synth Limited Edition for Sale

Post by sven hauck »

This isn't your everyday Solaris. This is the only one that John Bowen has ordered to be built with detented rotary encoders. I prefer this option as I can be quite clumsy when moving about the interface. Some people prefer detent while others do not. You have to make up your own mind.
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

I contacted Sven if I could play his Solaris, since there is no possiblity to try one in a Store. What are the chances someone owns one only 4 km from where you live (and to find that out on this forum)... Although I still have to save up to afford one and just wanted to hear and feel (and not buy) his Solaris, he was so kind to invite me over. I can confirm the detented knobs feel great and that it's in mint condition. And I found out what I needed to know, which is it that sounds great, also for contemporary (EDM) music and the interface clicks with me.
Last edited by M-Prod on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaykeel

Post by jaykeel »

I wish I knew that was an option when I ordered 5 years ago.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

jaykeel wrote:I wish I knew that was an option when I ordered 5 years ago.
Jay, this was a very special situation at the customer's request. I can consider making more of these top panels with all detented encoders if there is enough demand - we just have to special order the parts and plan accordingly ahead of time.
The question is, how do you know it's what you want until you get it? And for retrofits, there would be an extra service charge and front panel cost...but I'm willing to explore this more. We had an open discussion about it earlier in the year, if you recall...

John
jaykeel

Post by jaykeel »

No worries, it is what it is. The encoders can be a bit clumsy when part of your hand rubs up against them by accident, but it's something I've gotten used to. I don't think I'd send my Solaris anywhere unless I had to ;)
sven hauck

Post by sven hauck »

Photo link expired. Here's a new one with better pictures.

http://we.tl/hDnuNDSJbr
sven hauck

Post by sven hauck »

Hi all, some things are changing in the market place, therefore the price of this Solaris is now €3000.
mambajim

Post by mambajim »

Hey I just realized I got the same decoders. So thanks Swen for ordering these as I use them alot in the dark and they are great for realtime work. And thanks JB for including these.
Limited Edition finally mean something other than the signature, which is also great 2 have.
sven hauck

Post by sven hauck »

Cool. :)
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

mambajim wrote:Hey I just realized I got the same decoders. So thanks Swen for ordering these as I use them alot in the dark and they are great for realtime work. And thanks JB for including these.
Limited Edition finally mean something other than the signature, which is also great 2 have.
Sorry Jimmy - you do not have detented encoders. Sven's unit is the only one.

JB
sven hauck

Post by sven hauck »

Sold to a nice gentleman from Liechtenstein.