Current State of the Solaris OS and Ongoing Development

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
audiosculpture

Re: Current State of the Solaris OS and Ongoing Development

Post by audiosculpture »

Also getting issues when driven by hardware (DSI Tempest...Octatrack...). Sync is too slow and falls out of time...

Bit wary to buy a new box that needs ethernet and software to configure (always wary of softwares endurance!).
Neil

Post by Neil »

Go Galaxiesmerge!! Is all I can say
Mine Solaris is hiding under a dust sheet until it works with Cubase…

What would I like to see? Well everyone has discussed many upgrades, I suppose mine would be to have a reverb
but all I really want is working Midi, Midi,Midi with the ability to control parameters via cc - I don't even need hundreds of possibilities
just 4 quickly pain free assignables would do for now…
A software editor/librarian would be fantastic! (See the Moog Voyager SE plugin as an excellent example of how to integrate hardware with a DAW)

Sure I think all Solaris owners would pay for an update that makes this glorious machine studio compatible.
koenig

Post by koenig »

Neil wrote:Sure I think all Solaris owners would pay for an update that makes this glorious machine studio compatible.
Count me in!
JimmyGiant

Post by JimmyGiant »

Well, I have a Solaris ordered in the next batch, so I'm doing more digging here than hands on.
My actual use for this will be home studio only for now. I'm assuming I can control it thru USB instead of MIDI. Not sure about doing audio transfer that way though. I will also be using it with Cubase 8, so I don't know what the issues are with that, which someone had mentioned. I really don't need any additional headaches right now as I'm just getting back into playing/writing and I have a decade's worth of stuff I've accumulated that I have to learn how to use properly.
I'm guessing the sound of the Solaris is going to make it well worth owning. I would be ok with purchasing major updates in the future. If there are coders willing to work on these issues and increasing usability, I say get them onboard, get these issues fixed in a timely manner.
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

Neil wrote:A software editor/librarian would be fantastic! (See the Moog Voyager SE plugin as an excellent example of how to integrate hardware with a DAW)
I would also like to devote some development effort to the Solaris if possible. But as far I know there's no sysex implementation so anything like an editor/librarian would only work by reading the CF card data. Anyway, an editor wouldn't make as much sense to me since a strength of the Solaris is its hands-on interface.
Solaris #249
synthwalker

Post by synthwalker »

IS someone working on an OS update ?