simple question from a newbie regarding filter settings

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
digidisiggi

simple question from a newbie regarding filter settings

Post by digidisiggi »

is there a simple way to synchronize filter slot 1 with filter slot 2? i don't want to destroy my stereo sound made with hard panning vca1=left and vca2=right and i want control this two channels with one filter setting without destroying the stereo field.

any hint for me?

best, siggi
niversen

Re: simple question from a newbie regarding filter settings

Post by niversen »

Sure, just copy the filter settings from filter1 to filter2. You can do this by holding the filter1 button until it flashes, then just press the the filter2 button. Presto! Everything is duplicated, including your modulation settings.

Unless I am misunderstanding, this should result in what you are after.
digidisiggi

Post by digidisiggi »

thanks niversen, didn't knew that, but is there also a way to link e.g. filter 1 cutoff with filter 2 cutoff? If i change the value for filter 1 cutoff, filter 2 is following?
niversen

Post by niversen »

Just modulate both filter's cutoff with the same parameter. For example, you could set Filter1 to be modulated by the Mod wheel or ribbon, then just set up Filter2 identically (or copy Filter1 to Filter 2) - both filters will be modified at the same time in the same way.

If you are just statically setting values, turn off part2 for a moment using the part buttons. Get the filter set on OSC1 exactly how you want it. Duplicate it to Filter2, and then turn part2 back on - all will be as you expect.

So two answers: one for if you are trying to modulate Filter1's cutoff, one for if you just want to set Filter1 and then duplicate that in Filter2
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Good suggestions, both of them! Just to be clear - you cannot assign a front panel knob for Cutoff to 2 (or more) filters. It's something I had planned to do (hold down the selector buttons to light more than one, then turn the knob), and perhaps that will be in a future update.

As it is, assigning the same Mod Source to both with the same settings should work, as niversen suggested.
digidisiggi

Post by digidisiggi »

thanks for help! will try your suggestion.

best and a happy new year!

Siggi
christeck

Post by christeck »

@niversen

Didn't notice the copy feature before. Very useful at times. Thanks :) .

ce