Master transpose function question

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
NeoProg

Master transpose function question

Post by NeoProg »

Lately I have been playing with a band where the guitar players have their guitars tuned 1 semitone down. Not a problem I thought, and assumed I could use the transpose function on my keyboards. :)
Now, it works fine on all the other (Kurzweil PC3, Kronos, Yamaha CP5), but the Solaris is not as easy as the -1 transpose in the home menu is going back to 0 as soon as I enter a new preset and then I will have to adjust the transpose down again. For all my other keyboards this is a global function that will last until I adjust the transpose back to 0 again.
So my question is, is this really how it is supposed to be, or is it a system bug? :?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Master transpose function question

Post by John Bowen »

It is as designed. I can only say that I should have made an option to set the value globally as well as per preset.
For now you could drop it down permanently in the System page's Master Tune setting, which has a range of +/- of 99 cents.
NeoProg

Re: Master transpose function question

Post by NeoProg »

OK, thanks John. Then I know. I guess the best way to go is to make a new preset bank where the presets I use with this band is saved with -1 semitone transpose.
On the other hand, it would be nice to see this as a globally function as in a later OS version.
Thanks for the good work and support. And by the way, the Solaris sounds awesome. :D
Gry