other Solaris hardware ideas

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: other Solaris hardware ideas

Post by John Bowen »

Please contact Sonic Core directly for more information on the Solaris rack: info@soniccore.com
Hein Eken

Post by Hein Eken »

John Bowen wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:12 am Please contact Sonic Core directly for more information on the Solaris rack: info@soniccore.com
Thx,- I´ve sent a request and hope for something insightful also for the question if we can expect some SCOPE controller device for the SCOPE platform to control the 1HU "blackbox".

I´d been not happy w/ some iPad or smartphone controller-app solution at all.

:)

Hein
chrisratajczak

Post by chrisratajczak »

Hi John,

I wish I came onto the forums more often, but live gets in the way. I noticed you're looking for some feedback on the Solaris expansion project. I would be interested in an internal upgrade if possible, or a 1U rack unit controlled by the Solaris Keyboard Synthesizer and as you said mixed externally to increase the polyphony.
I do wonder if an internal upgrade, either an addition, or replacement would be better since it may allow the OS to include features currently not supported by the existing ICs, or is it just pure processing power that is limiting features/polyphony at this moment?
If you need some help in design, I'll be happy to do layout for you the PCB in exchange for the product, only one unit. Let me know how many layers, speed of the devices and all the other details, and I'll design you a board your design engineer would like, all length matched to a mil. I'm doing high speed data products at 28.5 GHz so signal integrity is my life or death.
If you are already progressing with a project, I would like to participate and put a deposit. Please let me know if this still is the option, and what the product would be. Good to hear from you as always.
Best,
Christian
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

John Bowen wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 pm The Quantum looks fantastic! I had a brief go at it at NAMM, and was most impressed (also a bit jealous, as I was hoping to have some granular function and resonant filter banks in the Solaris by now!).
I dream to be able to play on the Quantum a day but since few days I play in my computer with a little granular software named Borderlands (https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~carlsonc/256a/Borderlands/) or Frontiere (http://linuxmao.org/Fronti%C3%A8res) which is a Borderlands cover but with more commands and a lot of features: amazing. I like a lot the granular experience, I do not know if it is possible, but if one day the Solaris had granular functions, it could be great.