Anomalies with new Preset Bank

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
jimjacobsen

Anomalies with new Preset Bank

Post by jimjacobsen »

I note that the Brian Kehew patches all have the following characteristics : 1. The sustain pedal does not engage the hold function (though this is working in my other banks) 2. The joystick gives no joy (it does nothing in any of the patches, though BK indicated in his narrative that he used the joystick). Kindly forgive me if I have missed something basic. I have been unable to work on music for a long time, so I'm way back on the learning curve with respect to Solaris.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Anomalies with new Preset Bank

Post by John Bowen »

It looks like Brian may not have programmed the Sustain parameter to be On for his preset bank. What you can do is override this by using the Global Pedal assignment on the System page 2. Just set the parameter labeled, ‘GloSust’ to Sustain, and then set your polarity for your pedal.
Finally, save these settings using the Save parameter in System page 1, upper right (turn the knob to make it Active, then press Enter). This saves all of the System and Midi page settings as your Global Init file, and is used every time you boot up the synth.

As for the joystick - yes, this is always optional for sound programmers. The one that uses the joystick he marked as such in the Program name for Preset 22, 'BK Launch Joystk’. There may be others that use the joystick - I’m not sure, as I haven’t checked each one. You are certainly encouraged to add the joystick as you see fit.
jimjacobsen

Re: Anomalies with new Preset Bank

Post by jimjacobsen »

Thanks John, as always. I misunderstood BK's notes on the joystick issue and somehow thought it was a big part of the patches.