Post by slammah2012 »

New Keyboard manufactured with polyphonic aftertouch

VAX 77

http://www.infiniteresponse.com/complete%20specs.html

it folds in half....

John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

This appears to be a custom manufacturing job, which means it's going to be an expensive piece, were they to offer the mechanics of the keybed and processing as an OEM option. It also says they will offer 6 different keyweights, so the customer must choose which he wants (apparently by making a visit to their Austin, Texas factory location).

It looks like a well-thought out product, but I doubt the practicality of it as a source of polyphonic aftertouch keybeds for other companies. Maybe after they've been in business a while....

cheers,
john b.
mitchk1989

Post by mitchk1989 »

holy crap. too bad the folding in half is a useless gimmick that would add to the price.
stardust

Post by stardust »

their site says they have delays until may 08 due to the new LCD display.
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Infinite Response is planning on displaying their new VAX77 MIDI controller at NAMM, in fact they will be just slightly down the row from the Solaris at E1105. Mr. Bowen, you demoed the Solaris to me last year when you were stuck upstairs....unfortunately it was still in early development and many features were not yet implemented, so I am looking forward to checking out the finished product. One question- I know that implementing a PolyAftertouch keybed would be prohibitively expensive, but will the Solaris respond to PolyAT messages via MIDI?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes.

-john b.
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Excellent- see you at NAMM!
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

At NAMM, both Infinite Response (VAX77) and Rhodes Piano (MK 7 AM) demonstrated keyboards with polyphonic aftertouch. I wonder if there were any way possible to get one of those Poly AT sensing mechanisms into the Solaris, even as a custom option?

In the meantime I was completely thrilled to see Poly AT as a modulation source, even if it was external!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Both of these solutions are proprietary, and not available to other companies for license.

john b.