Pre-orders for direct sales reinstated

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
John Bowen
Site Admin

Pre-orders for direct sales reinstated

Post by John Bowen »

A update to product pricing, availability, and pre-ordering is now posted on the PURCHASE page. Please have a look at http://www.johnbowen.com/purchasing.html for details.

Here's an excerpt from a message I sent to all those who had made pre-order deposits, to clarify the situation:

"Klaus is the ideal candidate to oversee the conversion and upgrade of the special Scope modules that I hoped to add to the Solaris system (even though we originally had no idea we would one day have access to these). This last point is important, in that the process is not nearly as simple or easy as I thought it would be, and in fact, has caused a bigger delay than I expected.

"When I arrived in Germany last week, it was clear that I had a choice - either release the Solaris around late December (as I've been planning) but without the Minimax, SSM, and CEM filter (and oscillator), or give it more time to get the 'goodies' from the Scope library that I had wanted...

"So, this is where we stand: I am going to take more time on it, to give Klaus plenty of opportunity to get things as best as possible, because we all desire to have a product that holds to the high quality and excellence that has been at the core of what I've always tried to represent in my products. This delay will add 3 months to the schedule, with production starting in February and delivery as soon as possible thereafter (end of Feb. or early March)."

regards,
John B.
B787

Post by B787 »

Sounds like a well worth the wait delay. Get it together, sounds like it's going to be a "Happy New Year" for me after all, with my new Solaris synth.
Carbon111

Post by Carbon111 »

Sounds real good, John!

I can hardly wait to lay my hands on one of these! I've got a spot in the studio all ready for it, right next to the Oasys and right underneath the Minimoog. :D
Best Regards, James
--
http://www.carbon111.com
urge

Post by urge »

A small wait for a big return. I look forward to the spring :D
cornutt

Post by cornutt »

I'm in! My check is on the way tomorrow.
stardust

Post by stardust »

count me in
SepticStudio

Post by SepticStudio »

I joined the Solaris club as of today, just pre-ordered a nice white one with wooden ends :P

Hardly can't wait......
[url]http://www.myspace.com/septicstudio[/url] or
[url]http://septicunderground.blogspot.com/[/url] Genuine Underground Productions
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Please note that a recent parts supply issue has pushed production to June.

Sorry!

-john b.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Last 10 allotments

Post by John Bowen »

Thanks to the post-NAMM show activity (and it seems Sonic States' video), I am down to the last 10 Pre-order slots for the special price of $2800.

Just so you know....

Regards,
John Bowen
urge

Post by urge »

Excellent news. Did many people drop their orders due to the display delay? ( I hope not). If so, do we get bounced up on the list in terms of serial #s or do those serial #s die a la Arp w/ the Chroma?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

There were only a couple of cancellations, and I've already 'bounced up" the list, and sent out updated Receipt documents.

-John b.
stardust

Post by stardust »

A delay of some months is not enough to cancel the preorder.