Simple Audio Examples

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
Howard

Post by Howard »

stardust wrote:This is antitune is it ? ;)
Yes.
B787

Post by B787 »

JB

When can we expect newer sound somples to wet our palettes more ? I really enjoyed the tube/comb filter sounds with the noise as source going into the filter w/ resonance....great job 8)
"Enough silence can make good music great"
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Have you had a listen to redmartian's short song he put together using the Solaris proto?

http://redmartian.com/solaris/solaris1.mp3

I took the synth over to his studio to do some comparison recordings with some Prophets (Rev 1/2 and Rev 3), and ended up leaving the proto with him for a few days. Since I don't have any kind of sequencing software, it was nice to hear a more complete 'tune'.

Once the initial users have their units, I hope there will be some more extensive demos for everyone to hear.

-john b.
B787

Post by B787 »

Jb

Great tune, I really like the percussive possibilities, the filter sweeping soudn is awesome ( Genelic Monitor bias :lol: ) . I know you're making it for the love of it and synth music (the $$$ will come too-rewards for hard work, we're adults here :wink: ), but i think this is going to be hard to beat. The depth is amazing. Well let me state this, when I get mine, I will program for film scores/pads/dreamscapes/basses (for my own studio work)etc.....if the facilities are in place they will be posted on this site for users to enjoy and use. Sleepless nights are here again. 8)

cheers
"Enough silence can make good music great"
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

To satiate my Solaris yearnings I revisited the Delamar video from Messe '08 yesterday, and I must say the power and texture of Solaris blew me away all over again. The example of the rotor was also great to hear.

B787 I'm looking forward to hear your work using Solaris as well as many of the many talented musicians who have decided to purchase this wonderful synthesizer. :D
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

I've posted notes and links of 2 other pieces of music created by carbon111 over in the Music/examples section:

viewtopic.php?t=456

scroll to the bottom for the links.

john b.
stardust

Post by stardust »

thamls John. We are close to the birth.