Suggestion re the two-line displays

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
Tiitu

Post by Tiitu »

Ok. It is more complicated than I can right now understand, but the following would be in my opinion more clear to read than using multiple >'s:

> StateVariable HP 2, LFO1, EG1, AT

I understand that

>StateVariable >HP 2 >LFO1 >EG1 >AT

can mean that you are going deeper in the menu, but for my eyes it is a little more difficult to read.

:)
Howard

Re: Suggestion re the two-line displays

Post by Howard »

John Bowen wrote:From my use of the interface now for several months, and from the extra feedback with Zimmer's group, I've decided to reduce the number of parameters per display page, using soft labels for each parameter on the top line, and have the knobs primarily work with the bottom line.
While selecting parameters, you don't need to see their values...

Making the values temporarily invisible would 1) remove any source of confusion while editing, and 2) allow you to move the parameters to the bottom row... now the only editable line. Bingo? With your quote (above) in mind, toggle between parameters and values by pressing the button immediately to the left of the row of knobs (maybe this is what John already intended - I didn't quite understand that post). Of course the labelling on the panel would need rethinking...

Your thoughts?