Software Editor

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
drxcm

Software Editor

Post by drxcm »

Just interested in what functions the software editor will provide, apart from uploading waveforms / samples etc.

Will it be mac and pc (i am a mac person)?
Will it provide librarian functions?
Will it allow patch editing from the computer?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

The software editor will be one of the last things done. It should provide for patch editing and librarian functions, but I don't know if the first version will be Mac OS compatible - Windows will be have to be first.

-john b.
urge

Post by urge »

Well that's unfortunate. Approximately how much time until it ports to the Mac? ( Are we talking months or years here? ).I also wonder what percentage of your customers use Apple vs Windows OS. The business world is one thing but I guess I always assumed that Apple was dominant in the music biz....

Anyone try running windows music apps under Mac via emulation? How did that work out?
drxcm

Post by drxcm »

I'm not really fussed about the editor or librarian being PC first (as long as a mac version comes!), but I think it is VERY important for mac users to have a way to load samples / waveforms at the time of release.

Will the solaris show up like a USB flash drive where you can just drop samples in? that would be ideal.
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

I think it's a bit premature to bring up the discussion of a software editor when John and his team are concentrating on completion of the Solaris, especially since the very design of the Solaris encourages and simplifies editing of patch parameters.

Let's get this beautiful instrument into our homes and studios first. :D
urge

Post by urge »

Agreed. The additional software is just spice on the main course.Can't wait till summer.
stardust

Post by stardust »

librarian function is the most important.
Editing shall be done on the machine.
Maybe the sequencer, if ever implemented, can benefit from PC based editing of course.