lfo waveforms

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
fizzydiodes

lfo waveforms

Post by fizzydiodes »

Hi john , still loving the sound of this machine and wondering what to move to fit on ein my studio but . . . i wanted to ask about lfos . . .

ive alot of synths here . . . they all have squae , saw , sine , random........all accept 2 . .

the korg z1 . . it has some creative ones ( staircases )
Also the novation ks rack . . has the same , tuned chromatic waveforms

i wanted to ask if you had considered using some of the exotic ones , the ability to apply staircase and chromatic lfo shapes to osc creates beautifull ambient sequences in itself , these type of lfo shapes are some of the most powerfull functions ive used , i dont think a synth can have enough lfo waveshapes - the virus can use osc as lfo waveforms but what i love is the square alternatives which step up and down , the korg z1 and karma etc appear to have the best collection ive used , i think it really adds to a synth , ok sine , square m triangle are essential but very limiting after you used a z1 , , , i hope you can implement some nice exotic lfo waves in your synth if you havent already !

best wishes

matt
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Matt,
While currently the LFOs have pretty much the standard choices, as you mention, keep in mind that you can use any of the regular Oscillators as lfos as well. This provides you with a much wider variety. Hopefully we can add some more waveshapes to the LFOs in the next release.

-john b.
fizzydiodes

Post by fizzydiodes »

sounds great john , i didnt know the osc can act as waveforms - nice ! even sample osc ? i'm really into using staircase lfos as melodic modulation source for osc pitches - different lfo per osc and all in chromatic tune and where each key trigger triggers an lfo for that voice only without resetting other voices lfos ( ignore my slight non understanding of synth terms)the effect creates lovely cascading staircase melodies , complex clouds of sound..... . .i'll upload a z1 mp3 link maybe to demonstrate.Its goergous on the z1's resonance osc .

Anyway your machines gravitating towards me john . . i just have some studio 'rearrangemnts to do ;).....

matt

John Bowen wrote:Matt,
While currently the LFOs have pretty much the standard choices, as you mention, keep in mind that you can use any of the regular Oscillators as lfos as well. This provides you with a much wider variety. Hopefully we can add some more waveshapes to the LFOs in the next release.

-john b.
fizzydiodes

Post by fizzydiodes »

a little 5mb demo of the z1 staircase lfos - they are not that odvious at times , no sequencing here - all lfos .I wondered if the solaris 4 lfo can modulate each other so 1 does 2 does 3 does 4 and 4 does 1 ? :)

http://music.hyperreal.org/artists/ishq/z1lfos.mp3

matt