Looping Envelopes

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
scope4live

Looping Envelopes

Post by scope4live »

Brotha' Man JBowen,
I have been having a blast w/ ProWave/Solaris Looping Envelopes and forgot to check out their status at NAMM.
Are we still good to go with these on the first release?

I only have 4 or 5 presets made that usually consist of a basic choked ( Pizzacatto ADSR ) on #1, followed by 2/3/4 being the actually loop segment where the Filter opens up when notes are sustained.

I get more accurate results doing this w/ the Lopping Envelope instead of using an expression pedal on a Filter's Cutoff Frequency.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Jimmy,
There's one looping envelope - I wanted to have 2. We will see if they get that in - it should be only a matter of copying the code over again.

One difference from the plug-in - the hardware looping EG is 2-dimensional, so that you can use it like a Prophet VS envelope. It's the only way to control the X and Y axis from an EG. This also gives you 2 sources in the Mod Source list everywhere, LpEG X and LpEG Y.

regards,
John
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

Mi Estas Ma Tondo Way... :)

Excellent.

I have no bills and 6 months off... 8)
There's no snow for skiing.
Thankfully I can use Solaris and other Bowen synths to better aquaint myself with these unused delicacies until the Beast arrives.

Thanks,

BTW, I hate to remind you, but you make the most incredible synths...

scope4live

Post by scope4live »

The Looping Envelopes are awesome.
I have figured out how to make nice long chains w/ Waldorf Oscillators that use low offset amounts in the LFO section for nice smooth transistions.
I also have some really great automated Filter sweeps per preset that allow custom presets to be totally recallable.
Rotor w/ slow KHz crossfade rates is coming along nicely too when combined w/ Fliter Sweeps......cool.

Will the hardware version have recallable presets of the Looping Envelopes as well?

If so this will be a great live achievement. A sequencer could easily do these automations, but these tricks wouldn't need automation, just preset storage...

Say It's So.... 8)

John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Jimmy,

No plans for separate looping EG presets as per the plug-in...however, after v1.0 we are looking to have copy and paste work from one preset to another for certain sections, and I'd have to put in the looping EG as a good candidate for that.
-john b.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

It's such an advantage having the real hadrware w/ such great sound, and being able to apply the best functions of software.
Especially stuff you worked on for years that is proven and useful.
I have to stop asking questions, it just makes me toss & turn at night too much.
BTW, Your wife's a babe... 8)

stardust

Post by stardust »

John Bowen wrote:Jimmy,
There's one looping envelope - I wanted to have 2. We will see if they get that in - it should be only a matter of copying the code over again.

One difference from the plug-in - the hardware looping EG is 2-dimensional, so that you can use it like a Prophet VS envelope. It's the only way to control the X and Y axis from an EG. This also gives you 2 sources in the Mod Source list everywhere, LpEG X and LpEG Y.

regards,
John
Sounds interesting. So each EG point has 2 values. Or are the EG points independent ?