How Will You Use Solaris

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
scope4live

How Will You Use Solaris

Post by scope4live »

I know many here are recording/live performers and was curious as how you will route Solaris.

I am hoping that the analog and digital outputs can be used simultaneously.
In this way I can route to my Rotary Cabinet, Mid Field Barbettas and also via the SP/DIF to go back in the box to access my hardware AES/EBU reverbs.
I don't care too much for reverb on analog synths personally, but the VS and Waldorf Oscillators can produce some incredible digital timbres that beg for Reverb.
I currently route my hardware analog synths and hardware effects and verbs into Scope projects already.
They retian all of their warmth but get the benfits of those quality DSP effects.

I'm just curious how others will use Solaris, seeings how we are so close to battle time.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

There is an S/PDIF output? Cool, somehow I missed that! That will come in very handy with my DAW Audio Interface.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

1) optical (because of electrical isolation preferred)
2) 96 khz............ 8)

I am hoping they will work simultaneously with the analog I/O's.
No biggie as I can route the analogs in my analog mixer and apply the effects to the digital sounds there.
But @ 96k and with the wide selection of DSP effects, that would be my choice for the more Digital sounding Oscillators to go.
They can all be re combined in my Synth Stem with the Crest XRM.

Also I enjoy using 2 x instances of the Hammond Organ emulation on 2 x KS88's, but I will be using Solaris as a controller for the lower manual and doing the extensive MIDI tricks on the KS88 for the upper manual.
Another example of what I will be using Solaris for.
I can always turn down the volume and share a single channel, or if Solaris provides a Local on/off control.

It would be really cool mapping Solaris's knobs for external use also, as long as that's possible.
Can you imagine seeing Solaris in a Country & Western group ??... :lol:

After having to play that " music " for a gig, I am sure I will sprint to my room and start playing synth sounds to unclog my brain/ears of the other " music. ".... 8)

marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Well, I'm pretty thrilled because it frees up a pair of analog inputs for me, the S/PDIF input was pretty much going unused. Now I have 10 inputs instead of 8!
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

It will be fun Brotha' Man....
I often daydream and try to guess which knobs will have what CC's attached, etc.
I should probably get a therapist.

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

I'm a home hobbyist so I will be using my Solaris for my personal enjoyment. :D

IMO therapist's are actually people who are just as screwed up as the rest of us, the only difference is they have a degree in psychology. :lol:
Look at Freud, that was one messed up dude!

Hey jimmy, how's the country/western learning curve coming? :lol: