Sample Oscillators

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
scope4live

Sample Oscillators

Post by scope4live »

John will there be an area to upload/download samples for the Wav.'s here in the future ?
I have many 1MB's but have recently made some new ones that are 2-4MB's according to lenth of Crescendo, etc.
I wasn't sure about the envelope choices so I made many of these with w/ Crescendos since they are for Pad work.
D50, ARP String, Kyma, Vienna Strings, Choirs. & TX816 EPianos are working in the DSP Solaris.
The demo's in the music thread were quite small and untruncated, but having said that they still worked well enough for me to use bigger and better versions.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Jimmy,
Yes, I put up a place under the Data Files section here for that reason. If you look, there's 3 titles - Preset files, WAV files, and Other data files. :wink:
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

ANKYUVARYMUSH,
After I see how well they work in the keyboard I will post them.
It' the least can I do.

While I gotcha here I was curious.
With the 4 Oscillators on the keyboard will I be able to run a Rotor using a Waldorf Wave Oscillator and a Sample Oscillator, leaving the first 2 Oscillators seperate?
I didn't get a chance to check this out at NAMM as I was so overwhelmed with the sound.

Off topic a little here, but QWave is just so far ahead of it's time. I have seen the recent interest in people for Nord Wave, Blofeld, etc. If these guys could only hear QWave. The DSP model as is blows those thingies off of their desktops or keyboard stands.
I would buy a hardware version of that in an instant.
The Stromberg sounds like it might be a pro version of the Blofeld desktop synth. If they don't succeed and bring that out of R & D, a hardware QWave would be the ultimate Wave synth IMHO.
I will use QWave in the XITE-1 and Solaris for now and can pretty much have the most unique combination of samples, wave oscillators, VS and analog sounds to date. I long for battle. The absense of war is killing me slowly.

Cheers.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

scope4live wrote:While I gotcha here I was curious.
With the 4 Oscillators on the keyboard will I be able to run a Rotor using a Waldorf Wave Oscillator and a Sample Oscillator, leaving the first 2 Oscillators separate?
I didn't get a chance to check this out at NAMM as I was so overwhelmed with the sound.
Yes, of course.
-John b.