Release date ?

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
HUROLURA
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon May 07, 2007 12:21 am
Location: France
Contact:

Release date ?

Post by HUROLURA » Fri May 01, 2009 7:43 am

Hello John,

Any idea about the release date for the first 50 units ?

CheerZ
CheerZ

francois
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 am
Location: UK, Midlands
Contact:

Post by francois » Fri May 01, 2009 11:47 am

Indeed. The last news update was 22 March mentioning an 8 weeks delay. Are we on track for end of May shipment ?

qtuner
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by qtuner » Fri May 01, 2009 2:11 pm

wondering the same thing myself, and checking the forums daily to find out.

John Bowen
Site Admin
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:00 am

Post by John Bowen » Sat May 02, 2009 12:09 am

Hi guys,
Nothing to tell you yet, but I will be sending out another update email soon!
-john b.

Fidgit
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Fidgit » Mon May 11, 2009 10:41 pm

the lack of updates since frankfurt is either a good sign (busy finalising the units) or it means new problems we don't know about yet, i guess. :roll:

but it's just my personal thought, not based on any information and not meaning to be more than a vague idea.

so let's wait for a word from the only reliable source of infos - JB.

valis
Site Admin
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:18 am
Contact:

Post by valis » Fri May 15, 2009 8:28 am

SonicCore has been able to get Xite out the door now, that should be an indicator that good things are coming. Keep in mind they're a large portion of the force behind the hardware development (with JB at the helm of his ship of course). Has to be a lot of work negotiating the release of 2 major hardware development efforts (plus the Scope5 software to boot)...

ThreeFingersOfLove
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Post by ThreeFingersOfLove » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:48 pm

Well?

where is it? :? :roll:

John Bowen
Site Admin
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:00 am

Post by John Bowen » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:48 am

Yannis,
All pre-order customers have been updated as to the current production schedule. We have some months yet before we are ready to ship.
I know that many are curious to hear and play with the Solaris first-hand, most likely at your favorite music store or dealer, however, we do not plan to have units for dealers in general until January 2010, as the initial 100 units are primarily being sold direct.
-john b.

ThreeFingersOfLove
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:07 am
Location: Greece
Contact:

Post by ThreeFingersOfLove » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi John,

thanks for the reply. Can you please tell us if you are in a stage where you are actually refining things perhaps?

Also, if I place an order here on the site, do I get my unit directly from you or perhaps from Germany? I am asking this because I don't want to go through the customs procedure.

Regards,
Yannis
:)

John Bowen
Site Admin
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:00 am

Post by John Bowen » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 pm

ThreeFingersOfLove wrote:Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell us if you are in a stage where you are actually refining things perhaps?
We are going through a To Do list that includes whatever UI refinements I've come up with. As for adding more features - it's SO tempting, and I keep thinking of more things to do, but I think they got a little angry with me about this, so, at this point we have to just go ahead and finish the To Do list! :-) A moving target is quite frustrating for all involved, especially engineers!
ThreeFingersOfLove wrote:Also, if I place an order here on the site, do I get my unit directly from you or perhaps from Germany? I am asking this because I don't want to go through the customs procedure.
Orders placed from North American customers are shipped from me in Washington state. All other orders will be shipped from Sonic Core in Germany (unless some special arrangements are made) .
-john b.

qtuner
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by qtuner » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:34 am

John Bowen wrote:
ThreeFingersOfLove wrote:Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell us if you are in a stage where you are actually refining things perhaps?
We are going through a To Do list that includes whatever UI refinements I've come up with. As for adding more features - it's SO tempting, and I keep thinking of more things to do, but I think they got a little angry with me about this, so, at this point we have to just go ahead and finish the To Do list! :-) A moving target is quite frustrating for all involved, especially engineers!
ThreeFingersOfLove wrote:Also, if I place an order here on the site, do I get my unit directly from you or perhaps from Germany? I am asking this because I don't want to go through the customs procedure.
Orders placed from North American customers are shipped from me in Washington state. All other orders will be shipped from Sonic Core in Germany (unless some special arrangements are made) .
-john b.
No feature creep. Test test test and fix bugs. Put out a solid 1.0, and we'll all be better in the long run.

Fidgit
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:35 am

Post by Fidgit » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 pm

i have a dream - one day i'll get a big box with a john bowen logo on it! :D :shock:

Neotrope
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:15 pm
Location: Redondo Beach, California
Contact:

Monthly updates please

Post by Neotrope » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:35 pm

:idea: Hi, John
hope July 1 is treating you well in solaris land. Without seeming to be poking you with a sharp stick that happens to have an angry badger tied down with patch cables on the end... it would be great if you could give all of us pre-paid folks who are helping launch your baby a monthly update, even if it's just a "we had a problem with the silk screening" or whatever. Since the John Bowen "chronicles" never materialized, the tweets aren't updated often, there's no blog on your own site and all that, it's easy to see you getting a bit stretched thin. Obviously, all of us waiting, but luckily at this point not holding our breath, or even with a stand-by supply of oxygen around, would be most appreciative to just get a periodic what the ----, as was the case (ahem) last year on the project. Thanks, and looking forward to seeing it under my xmas tree THIS year! ;-)

Christopher
I have so much MIDI gear it would warp your soul.

I am the CEO of Neotrope® and am also the editor at MusicIndustryNewswire.com and have been a music journalist and MIDI guru since 1984 (ie since MIDI existed).

qtuner
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by qtuner » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:10 pm

I wouldn't mind an update if you have the time.

Since things are pushed back, does that mean the prototypes have more free time? wink wink I'll pay for shipping both ways, and i have a video camera and editing software.

scope4live
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:19 pm
Location: Somewhere between 120 and 150bpm

Post by scope4live » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Redondo Beach, CA........ :!:

When I did Bobby McGees and the Red Onion on the Pier, I would have loved to have had this synth then. The OBX was noble though.
I don't like the idea of someone having a Solaris so close to me.
Ahh........What Me Worry,...as long as these kids in Vegas don't hit the stage with one of these.
I am hoping for more of a Halloween showing.
In that way I can give the kiddies a real treat as Solaris will use the Step Sequencer with a Wavetable Organ doing some Boris Karloff loop.... 8)
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo


https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole

Post Reply