Sound Samples?

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
NuSkoolTone

Sound Samples?

Post by NuSkoolTone »

Itchin to hear this thing.

Notably, fast hard hitting basses, Heavy power synths (Rock context), warm pads, and rude filter rips (Ala 303)

BEAUTIFUL Instrument btw. LOVE the look!

Thanks!
Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black »

I'm hoping it's like Spectrasonics Atmosphere on steriod's, if so then i've already bought one.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Sorry, it will be quite a while before I can post real sound examples. I don't have a unit here, and wouldn't want to post anything until it's all up and functional anyway....

john b.
Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black »

I have already sold some gear in preparation for SOLARIS!!!! i think maybe the only thing left will be my jd800.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Mr. Black wrote:I'm hoping it's like Spectrasonics Atmosphere on steriod's, if so then i've already bought one.
Isn't everything by Spectrasonics based on large sample playback files?

-jb
Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black »

Sorry Poor example, i guess i mean being able to create rich texture's and pads that are of much higher sound quality then hardware rompler's ,and most current synth's.
Carbon111

Post by Carbon111 »

Mr. Black wrote:Sorry Poor example, i guess i mean being able to create rich texture's and pads that are of much higher sound quality then hardware rompler's ,and most current synth's.
I get the feeling the Solaris is going to really excel at those type of sounds - the loopable 8-point envelopes assigned to oscillator timbre parameters should allow for some awesome timbral "movement"...especially with a wavetable oscillator :shock:

I'm a sucker for morphing/evolving pads, so I'm already counting my pennies!
Best Regards, James
--
http://www.carbon111.com
Pighood

Post by Pighood »

Jesus James John Joshua :shock:

You just bought an Oasys? Is not your carbon footprint big enough?

Get it?

Carbon?

O never mind.
Analog Kid

Post by Analog Kid »

wouldnt the sound be the same as the plug in? Couldnt someone post those examples?
http://analogkid.us/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=general
valis
Site Admin

Post by valis »

Read around a bit more & you'll see that John has said no, since Antti (his dsp coder) is building it from the ground up and not using the original Scope code it is a different synth entirely. Some of the better Scope stuff might (and imo probably will) eventually end up in the synth. If you're still curious about the Scope Solaris hop over to http://www.zargmusic.com and take a listen, but this new Solaris beast should be orders of magnitude better imo (is that even possible?)
nachtsmeer

Post by nachtsmeer »

I'm extremely happy with the sound of the Solaris V4 plug-in. There are so many tools at your disposal and if you decide to sit down and tinker with the different oscillators, filters etc etc then you can build HUGE sounds of every type whether it's bass, lead or pads. I love building huge swirling pads.

So I'm really looking forward to hearing what John has got lined up for us with the hardware version. The equivalent of 6 Scope cards in a box should already give an indication of the power driving this beast. The plug-in could be loaded a few times into Scope, depending on what you activated for each patch.

So I've absolutely no worries about the sound at all :D

John doesn't do things by halves, just take a quick look at the Quantum Wave :lol: That needed hi-res just to display all the parameters
B787

Post by B787 »

Bring on the demos John, I'm sooooo excited man.....the lush pads, the massive filter sweeps, buzzing phat leads, bouncing arp-like beds, the cinema bass-like basses, the rumbles, Vangelis esque rhythmic beds and leads.....i can go on........i don't think our brains can fully comprehend the sonic prowess of this machine.

p.s.: John please provide a little toilet next to the Summer 2007 NAMM booth ok, i think we're going to pee ourselves :lol:
joxer96

Post by joxer96 »

That's nasty, man! But I agree, heh heh. Time to bring out the Depends. :D
stardust

Post by stardust »

Demos are here:

viewtopic.php?t=406