Super deluxe Solaris

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

You guys want a super deluxe Solaris.........
Get an XITE-1 to use in tandem with it.
Well they're both coded by Klaus. With JBowen and him on the same team I feel great already.
Did I hear that the Casio CZ Oscillators might be available for Solaris too...?
They sound great in Modular IV and Roy Thinnes from CWModular has also made some really great sounding patches using the Resonance and SawPulse Oscillators.

Hey JB my BDay is on May 6.................what the odds..?
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
tinhu

Post by tinhu »

And mine 02 may ...! :roll:

A very very nice gift !!!!!!!!
"switched on bach"
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

Well mine is on July 6th and I better have mine by then or I'll cancel my order and buy a Korg MicroKorg. :lol:
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

The XTDM Connector for the deluxe version too........
Extra power from the XITE-1.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
lotus-eater

Post by lotus-eater »

scope4live wrote:The XTDM Connector for the deluxe version too........
I wonder if this was ever considered during the design of Solaris...
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

lotus-eater wrote:
scope4live wrote:The XTDM Connector for the deluxe version too........
I wonder if this was ever considered during the design of Solaris...
No, this wouldn't work at all. It's not simply adding more DSPs on a communications bus - the 2 systems handle things quite differently.
We have considered making an add-on board for Solaris, but I think the last time this came up, Juergen (hardware designer) said that it was a bit more complicated than just a single connector to more DSPs.
-john b.
galaxiesmerge

Re: Super deluxe Solaris

Post by galaxiesmerge »

marzzz wrote:Just for fun, let's say the Solaris goes into production shortly and sells reasonably well, enough that JB can consider a "Super Deluxe" version (as sort of mentioned in the I/O topic with regard to AES digital outs). Within reason, i.e., given that the Solaris is currently $3999 and a "deluxe" could be, say, $5999, what would you want in "your" deluxe Solaris?

For me, a 76 key version with PolyAT, of course!
Well: Poly AT is a good thing. But a good fast MIDI interface beyond the norm, maybe using MAX MSP is good too! Since I already have modular analog gear (Modcan) I think the SOLARIS is great as is. The musicality of an instrument is based on the design of the User-Interface and the user's own skill. I'm okay with that. I can afford any amount for the right instrument but any amount cannot buy you talent.
Solaris, Jomox Sunsyn,Modcan, Prophet-T8, Rhodes-Chroma, Pacarana,CS-80, Andromeda,M3,Nord-G2X,DK-Synergy
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Wow, there's so much already under the hood and on the console itself. I'm bloated with options and quite satisfied. If $$$ wasn't an issue, PolyAT would be nice. For me endless expressability, especially live. If I could customize my Solaris, maybe I'd add a twin laser-sensor to the upper left of the unit (like the one Roland is currently using on its V-Synth GT) for additional tripped-out sounds. One can dream, but the current hardware and specs on the Solaris makes it the sandman that'll make any sound designer's dreams a reality.