Bought out by Korg joke thread

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
urge

Bought out by Korg joke thread

Post by urge »

Harmony central forums has a thread about the Solaris stating that John has been bought out by Korg. :shock:
Say it ain't so Joe....
marzzz

Re: Bought out by Korg joke thread

Post by marzzz »

Yet another reason not to read KSS....
urge

Post by urge »

Normally I surf through, Solaris in the title thread made me look. At first I laughed and mentally commended the poster on his witty post. Then I thought about it, it could make sense for both parties depending upon the relationship with sonic core. There's not enough information in the public sphere to really assess the ramifications of such a union. I' d rather John win the mega millions :wink:
valis
Site Admin

Post by valis »

Well consider why some random poster on Harmony Central would know before John's preorder customers....
n1nj4

Post by n1nj4 »

Wow, the mods even made it a sticky....one flew over to cuckoo's nest there at KSS for some time now.
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.
urge

Post by urge »

I assumed that John might not feel the need to inform us depending on the configuration of the deal. Let's say John gets autonomy , an extensive distribution network, corporate perks like health insurance/401-K etcas well as a nice salary combined with the initial payout. Korg gets access to the tech for later products, cache in the VA market with a product that's head and shoulders beyond anything on the market. Nothing in that deal would change the product I payed for in reordering the Solaris; it might even benefit me in the long run if there's more parts stockpiled.

I know it's all a pipe dream but it's an interesting one......
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

pipe dream....no kidding! It would be an incredible story if all that were true - and my wife would probably be very happy :-)
I don't think Korg would offer all of that to anyone nowadays.....

But I can say that the Kronos is the work of my ex-mates at Korg R&D, so I take it will be a follow up to the OASYS of sorts...and it definitely should sound good!

jb
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

It would kind of suck if it was true, imagine the solaris with 1 software update and then abandoned, like Korg and Roland synths usually are.