Musikmesse Frankfurt Time!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
John Bowen
Site Admin

Musikmesse Frankfurt Time!

Post by John Bowen »

(From the Home page announcement)
Hard to believe, but the Frankfurt Musikmesse is almost here! I will be showing the production version of Solaris in Halle 5.1, booth C47. This is together with EMC, distributors of Moog, Spektralis, Muse, Mellotron, and Solaris.

Please drop by and say hello if you are able to be there. The Frankfurt Musik Messe runs 6-9 April.
3rdConstruction

Re: Musikmesse Frankfurt Time!

Post by 3rdConstruction »

Wish I could be there. I'm hoping for some new audio & video from the Messe; craving to hear more of the Solaris! It must be exciting to be gearing up for production...
... speaking at length about something is no guarantee that understanding is advanced.
Neotrope

Post by Neotrope »

Here is photo from the Moog Music facebook stream of John in front of the
"dark magic" Solaris at 'messe
... (by that I mean, not the white face model...) ;-)

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3313_n.jpg

I have so much MIDI gear it would warp your soul.

I am the CEO of Neotrope® and am also the editor at MusicIndustryNewswire.com and have been a music journalist and MIDI guru since 1984 (ie since MIDI existed).
qtuner

Post by qtuner »

Look at all the Solarises . I count 3.

<geek>
Since "Sol" is latin in origin, the plural of "solaris" is not "solarii" but "solarises."
</geek>
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

That's the biggest collection of Solarisisesiietteszen I have seen yet!
matocaster

Post by matocaster »

Wow! There are some great sounds coming out of this bad boy!!!

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2011/04/ ... roduction/
Everyone knows me as a guitar player!
Carbon111

Post by Carbon111 »

Go John! :)
Best Regards, James
--
http://www.carbon111.com
3rdConstruction

Post by 3rdConstruction »

More nice'n'beefy badass tones! Sweet sounds! Sweet ribbon! Beautiful Solaris!
In production! Waaa-HOOOO!!!
GO JOHN GO SOLARIS GO GO GO!!!!!
... speaking at length about something is no guarantee that understanding is advanced.
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

So happy for you John to finally be able to use the word "production" while showcasing the Solaris at Musikmesse, especially after all the previous shows were "stil in development".

I'm a bit confused as to pricing, you mentioned 3600 euros in the video, which by my calculation converts to $5000.00USD. Has the final production model unit price changed?

Also, for those of us who ordered the white version, you had previously said in your emails, the black units would be done first.
Is this still true, even for someone like myself who was #22 on the preorder list?

One more thing, perhaps this passed me by(with all my excitement about Solaris in the past), that there is no internal memory for the patches, and they will all be on the CF card. If this is true, than I can assume the CF card will now be included with the Solaris, because I thought we had earlier spoke of this being an option for the user to buy.

Great video, Congrats on showcasing not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 production models at the booth.
It's been a long time coming, over 3 years waiting for me, but listening to it, and seeing it again, rekindles my excitement all over again.

Peace,
and a safe journey home
Rick
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Rick,

Just some quick responses, as things are a bit crazy here at Messe:

1) Pricing - all prices in European countries typically have to include the country’s VAT (value added tax), which in Germany is 19%.
3590 Euros is the suggested ‘street price’ for German dealers (with 3790 being the official retail price). Subtracting VAT from the ’street price’, you get close to the $3999 price I was offering from the Website. (And remember, the Website price does not include any tax or shipping, which has to be calculated per state).

2) White and Black - I thought that was the case, but now they say they can make the white cases at the same time they do the black, so I don’t expect more delay for the white case units now.

3) A CF card will be included with each Solaris now.

Cheers,
John
matocaster

Post by matocaster »

John Bowen wrote:
White and Black - I thought that was the case, but now they say they can make the white cases at the same time they do the black, so I don’t expect more delay for the white case units now.

Cheers,
John

That's great news John! I was expecting a longer wait. My excitement level just went through the roof. :D
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

John thanks for the quick reply since I realize you are quite busy.
Also, thanks for responding to the price question, perhaps other's had the same question, and this will help them as well.

Great news about the CF card and the production of the white models, as you can tell, we are all quite excited around here, and happy you can finally say Solaris is in production.

cheers
matocaster

Post by matocaster »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIj7gj3U0e8

Another great video of John demoing the mighty Solaris!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

I just wanted to say "Thank You!" to all of you who have posted the encouraging comments here! All of you pre-order customers have made this whole adventure possible - I could not have done it without you!

Sincerely,
John Bowen