Musikmesse Frankfurt Time!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
mickeyl

Re: Musikmesse Frankfurt Time!

Post by mickeyl »

I'd really love to hear more / longer examples. While I enjoy John's lectures, I'd prefer to enjoy longer audio tracks of the Solaris. Howard's track is a great start, but I want more more more :D
Cheers,

:M:
matocaster

Post by matocaster »

mickeyl wrote:I'd really love to hear more / longer examples. While I enjoy John's lectures, I'd prefer to enjoy longer audio tracks of the Solaris. Howard's track is a great start, but I want more more more :D
Once Solaris is released, I'm certain that you'll see all kinds of audio/video demos. If you preordered than you can make your own soon enough! If not you'd best start saving your pennies!
Everyone knows me as a guitar player!
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

synthwalker wrote:Actually there was a lot of noise (saturday morning) with a very loud Moog show close to us. We used a clip-on mic and a direct plug insert in the Solaris audio output. The downside of this is we are in mono (one track for John, one track for the Solaris 'cause both are worth listening to :lol: ). And mono sound really does not do justice to the Solaris...
I understand, you can't take those Moog people anywhere! :lol:
The Solaris sounds better in mono than a lot of synths sound in stereo. :D

I was quite happy to see the KRK Rokit's being used for monitoring, having just upgraded my studio from some cheapo Roland monitors to the ROKIT 5's.
I'm very happy with their overall sound and the ability to adjust to the room.

@matocaster....pennies?? :lol: