Solaris Total Integration?

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
robinkle

Solaris Total Integration?

Post by robinkle »

I've tried to find any answer to this in the forum.
For my home studio I would like to have the best work-flow possible. And I think when you have Total Integration like the Access Virus TI does, it makes things less complicated. Less cables and so on.
I see that there already is a Plug-in version of the Solaris, so how much work would it take to make the plug-in work as a total integration software for the Solaris?
One thing missing also in order to do this, is having the USB port work as an Audio/Midi interface.

I wonder what the future will bring in this regard. If the demand for a Solaris, takes off sky high with a massive suprise, would this be a goal for the Solaris?

I hope a huge success for the Solaris, and I'm very glad that John Bowen is so open with his fans and future customers like he is in this forum. This is good Synthmanship (don't kill me for making up this therm :X) in my opinion.
This is why I share my request, to help John with his success, and so we (his customers) can get wonderful instruments in the future.

Thank you :)
Robin
qtuner

Re: Solaris Total Integration?

Post by qtuner »

in the sonic state video, it was mentioned there will be a software editor.
Last edited by qtuner on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carbon111

Post by Carbon111 »

The plugin runs on scope cards only and is actually a much different synth than the hardware Solaris.

However, as qtuner mentioned, the editor may prove a pathway for the kind of functionality you desire...
Best Regards, James
--
http://www.carbon111.com
robinkle

Post by robinkle »

Carbon111 wrote:The plugin runs on scope cards only and is actually a much different synth than the hardware Solaris.

However, as qtuner mentioned, the editor may prove a pathway for the kind of functionality you desire...
That is partially good news. Though the editor it self isn't that important since the Solaris seems to have a huge Surface with lots of knobs and displays.
For me I got bad experiences with midi-cables and software editors as well. I would like to see a USB audio/midi and a VST editor, to edit parts, effects and such.