Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
fellersmtc

The Solaris has landed in Pacific Heights!

Post by fellersmtc »

The Solaris has landed in Pac Heights:
Attachments
IMG_0218.jpg
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Post by John Bowen »

Nice!
nickg117

Post by nickg117 »

Received #284, a beautiful white Solaris last week. Truly a magnificent work of engineering. Thank you John!
pinmusica

Post by pinmusica »

Yesterday, I got my #297

is there anything I could say that would surprise anyone? :) It made me feel the amazement I felt when I got my first Synth, a Yamaha DX7 with which I could explore so many unexpected sounds and had so much fun (not that the user interface has much in common...)

¿Phase modulation, maybe for the next OS update? :)

Thanks a lot, John, for the existance of the Solaris. It seems you've put everything you could on it, instead of milking us users with synths that add a bit (and then a new one with another extra... ), as some famous brands usually do. Pardon me to say, but it seems that the others could get far richer than you, because of teasing us abusing our pockets... it clearly seems you are on our side, thanks again for this :)
Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson »

¿Phase modulation, maybe for the next OS update?
Would be very cool for some more gritty sounds :D
josebasse

Post by josebasse »

hi everyone!!! VERY HAPPY to be a owner more!! i received it on tuesday...no words to describe how i fill...and my english is-excuse me- not very good..!! i continue my post a little bit in french (i speak also spanish if there are some guys who speak too..!! :-)
Is there a subgroup of mixed spoken french spanish into the solaris owners? because for some specificals questions, it is more easy for me to talk in my originals languages..?
301 white with leds on wheels, spain

Puis je contacter François et/ou synthwalker (entre autres) afin de ne pas saturer le forum avec des questions de ...débutant!! et surtout m enlever des doutes sur deux ou trois choses...?

Thank you John also as the moderators and persons who get activ in these forums. We are a little "community" The Knights of Solaris!!!

José, a young initiate ;-)
éternel apprenti..!mais je m´ accroche! ;-)
mrdan

Post by mrdan »

Solaris 286 been here for just over a month and I'm loving everything about it. While it may seem daunting at first, the design is quite easy to get your head around and is obviously extremely well thought out.

The build quality is superb, as is the sound. It really does obliterate some of the analogue synths of today.

Thanks John for making this beauty happen, I've been following the project since the beginning and can't quite believe I have one here :)

It also sits very nicely with the Modal, it's almost like they were made to be side by side :D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 23.54.55.png
jimjacobsen

Post by jimjacobsen »

Mine came today, Nov 7, 2016. I am overwhelmed. There are so many things I don't get about this instrument (like almost everything). I have a ton of super noob questions and am afraid to post them as people online are not always kind or even polite. is there anyone in LA who knows their way around the Solaris who I could hire to give me a few lessons?
Thanks,
Jim J
323 459 1810
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Jim,
Bernard Wong (who is in the Forum as SubliminalEffect) is my LA guy for demos and such. I'll make sure he contacts you to set up a time to get together.

John B.
koenig

Post by koenig »

jimjacobsen wrote:Mine came today, Nov 7, 2016. I am overwhelmed. There are so many things I don't get about this instrument (like almost everything). I have a ton of super noob questions and am afraid to post them as people online are not always kind or even polite.
That might be true in other parts of the internet but here, I would claim otherwise. There are, the saying goes, no stupid questions and I have never felt scolded, nor derided, nor looked down upon when asking questions here.

Seriously: welcome to a warm family of likeminded synth geeks... :wink:
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Solaris Nr 304 received just before the end of 2016.

Thank you to all the people that have been involved at any time on this great instruments.

Now we have to see how the Solaris can be played from our Sylphyo wireless MIDI wind Controller :wink:

Please John, add me to the Solaris owner group ...
CheerZ