Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
Neotrope

Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Post by Neotrope »

Howdy... like many, I suppose I am waiting with bated breath, and checking back here to see "who has one..." and thought it might be useful to start a "I got mine" topic (I haven't yet ... personally).

So, ideally ...don't post in this topic until you get yours, and specify the color (dark or light), and where you are (e.g., Germany, US, etc.).

Amazing it's finally happening! I lost my faith for awhile, but it has been renewed. Can't wait!
I have so much MIDI gear it would warp your soul.

I am the CEO of Neotrope® and am also the editor at MusicIndustryNewswire.com and have been a music journalist and MIDI guru since 1984 (ie since MIDI existed).
scope4live

Re: Announce when you receive your Solaris!

Post by scope4live »

I had mine delivered last week while gigging back east, so I just walked in and unboxed it.
I am impressed beyond words.
I haven't heard it since NAMM '09, but it is the stuff dreams are made of.
After a week of preparing it for the gig I'll report back, as of now I am to busy to chit chat, but can only say those whose had the balls of brass to invest, will now sound like they have balls of brass.
Presets so far cover lots of material and controller options from Vectored JYstick to Ribbon/Filter...etc.

If you're waiting for one, your pain will soon be replaced with pride, ecstacy and joy.
I can hardly keep my eyes open from a 25 hour drive, but the presets keep snapping my neck back and waking me up.

Ciao
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
valis
Site Admin

Post by valis »

scope4live wrote:I had mine delivered last week while gigging back east, so I just walked in and unboxed it.
I am impressed beyond words.
I haven't heard it since NAMM '09, but it is the stuff dreams are made of.
After a week of preparing it for the gig I'll report back, as of now I am to busy to chit chat, but can only say those whose had the balls of brass to invest, will now sound like they have balls of brass.
Presets so far cover lots of material and controller options from Vectored JYstick to Ribbon/Filter...etc.

If you're waiting for one, your pain will soon be replaced with pride, ecstacy and joy.
I can hardly keep my eyes open from a 25 hour drive, but the presets keep snapping my neck back and waking me up.

Ciao
Jealous!
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

It's so powerfully FAT and warm.
Viruses and Nords will actually display beads of sweat on thier panels when their brittle tones get buried by rich 96k thickness.

So It Shall Be Written......So It Shall Be Done..
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
urge

Post by urge »

I received mine last week as well. I spent a bit of time just going through every button,stick ,encoder and ribbon. Still have a bit to dig into.
Moved the beast to its location in the studio. I was surprised at how good it sounded, like hearing SACD vs regular CD side by side. The sonic detail and depth is just amazing. Picked up a card reader and I'm looking to check out the manual next week. I also have to say that so far the UI is almost transparent. Everything is right there in front of you , tweaking things comes naturally...almost without having to think about things.
I have mine sitting next to the Hartmann Neuron which has 13 displays + lots of lit up meter wheels. The Solaris beats it hands down for the ability to look at the panel and know whats going on....
Fidgit

Post by Fidgit »

Neotrope wrote:... and specify the color (dark or light), and where you are (e.g., Germany, US, etc.).
why? what's the point?! :roll:
urge

Post by urge »

AFAIK Lighter case Solarii haven"t been made yet; at least I haven"t seen one yet.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

urge wrote:AFAIK Lighter case Solarii haven"t been made yet; at least I haven"t seen one yet.
This is correct, but hopefully that will change this week!
jb
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Update - the first two white case Solaris (Solarii?) have shipped!!

jb
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Solarii is correct. When all of us receive our Solarii, we will be Solarians. Unfortunately, I am currently a Desolarian. :mrgreen:
Neotrope

Post by Neotrope »

Fidgit wrote:
Neotrope wrote:... and specify the color (dark or light), and where you are (e.g., Germany, US, etc.).
why? what's the point?! :roll:
Ummm.... what's the point of your comment?

The point is, that it's useful to know who is getting them and where ... especially those of who have been waiting for 3+ years to see one in anyone's hands other than a music show. Since they're not technically shipping in serial number order, due to case color, it's useful if somebody posts they got a white one in California, and I'm in California, it might make my day. Thanks for contributing.
I have so much MIDI gear it would warp your soul.

I am the CEO of Neotrope® and am also the editor at MusicIndustryNewswire.com and have been a music journalist and MIDI guru since 1984 (ie since MIDI existed).
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Chris,

Unfortunately, even knowing that is not going to give you much of an idea as to when your unit will ship. I send out news to each customer just as soon as I find out from Sonic Core what they are predicting for the coming week...but I don't know too far in advance. For the two most recent units, I didn't know they were shipping until I got an email from SC with the tracking numbers!

JB
qtuner

Post by qtuner »

And God said "Let there be white."
IMG_1327 by qtuner, on Flickr
Movement

Post by Movement »

qtuner wrote:And God said "Let there be white.
Gorgeous! Can't wait for my white one!
urge

Post by urge »

Wow, the white looks gorgeous.Much better than I imagined.