Solaris Mixers

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
scope4live

Solaris Mixers

Post by scope4live »

Using 4 parts w/ WT, VS and 2 x MM1's is really fat so I see no need to double up on detuned Saw's or any technique of fattening that analog subtractive uses for a big sound.
So now I am left with wanting to mix Samples using the Sample Oscillator.
Any information on how to start in this area would be appreciated.
Until I get tired of praising JBowen and S|C for bringing this beast to market, I will keep reminding you guys of how appreciative I am of having such a giant sounding beast with pristine/FAT qualities.
It's like a higher quality version of Omnisphere, only in realtime w/96k audio and true AR Modulation.

Any help on the Sample Oscillator use would be deeply appreciated...
I.E. placement and types mostly
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Solaris Mixers

Post by John Bowen »

scope4live wrote:Any help on the Sample Oscillator use would be deeply appreciated...I.E. placement and types mostly
Jimmy, do you remember the tutorial video I posted to all of the pre-order customers about this (last year)? I'll send it to you again...
Note that on your factory CF card there are 2 example Sample Sets (SamplePool.txt files), Glockenspiel and Harpsichord (By the way, the Glockenspiel samples are used in my preset #42 GlockenSine (WAV)). There is also a 'Getting Started' readme file on the card. These, plus the video, should help you get started, but the main thing is that you need to know the 'mega-data' that is included in your own .wav files to create the SamplePool.txt.

john b.