Storing Presets

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
scope4live

Storing Presets

Post by scope4live »

I am starting to make and save presets. Bank 0/1/2/3 are already occupied, but there are plenty of free spaces there.
Should I just go and get another card and begin making that the card I will use....?

BTW, I love the way you can use the toggle wheel fully left to create a space. I never liked the tedious chore of searching for the space on other hardware synths. Having a fast way to create spaces is most appreciated....

Danke

JimmyV
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Storing Presets

Post by John Bowen »

scope4live wrote:I am starting to make and save presets. Bank 0/1/2/3 are already occupied, but there are plenty of free spaces there.
Should I just go and get another card and begin making that the card I will use....?
JimmyV
Jimmy,
You don't need to get another card to make your own bank of presets - just download the INIT Preset object from the Forum here (under Data Files - Preset Files- New INIT Preset Update). Follow the instructions I posted.

You can fit 128 Banks on your card, no problem! So far, only 3 Banks are being used.

John b.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

scope4live wrote:BTW, I love the way you can use the toggle wheel fully left to create a space. I never liked the tedious chore of searching for the space on other hardware synths. Having a fast way to create spaces is most appreciated....
For Mac users, we also have a Preset name editor available (so you can type in the Preset name). Let me know once you get your Solaris if this of interest.

John B.
scope4live

Post by scope4live »

I just returned from Office Depot with a new CF Card.
Never hurts to have a spare.
Chance favors a prepared mind...

I will try your suggestion right now.
I use a PC so that will be fine by me....
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

I learned the hard way to always have two SRAM cards for my Andromeda. We should be able to easily back up presets to our computers, right?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Of course, all editing of the data and folders on the CF card must be done on a computer. You must have a CF card reader to do this (some computers have this built in.) Any editing/copying/pasting/backup is all done on the computer.

JB
valis
Site Admin

Post by valis »

Lexar has a pretty good reader that won't break the bank: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013TRZI2

Photo/video users may prefer a UDMA model that has more throughput but this one should work fine for Solaris users (actually that one technically does do faster speeds than most USB based ones anyway, I use it for my sdhc cards & my Canon 60D).