FM capabilities

Discuss John Bowen Synths - Solaris
Pighood

Post by Pighood »

That makes sense. At some point, it would be great to have a Yamaha SY77 sort of thing going on where instrument samples (wheich can very well be lo-tech...think Kawai K1) can be modulated at full audio rate by wavetables, and vice versa. :shock:
Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black »

Just knowing that's it's possible as an update/ option down the road is nice,make the rompler or sample playback secondary is a good kick in the ass to other companies" you know who i mean" not that i should care what they do anyway,a few bell like sounds and plinks and plunks would come in handy though! by the way the ORION ROCKS!!! demos are great.
B787

Post by B787 »

I think we shouldn't get distracted here, it's easy to see a new powerful synth and go "hmmm, I wonder what can be done with 16,32 even 64 megs of RAM?" but let us remember the scope other powerful DSP products, no samples (long ones that is). 16 Megs for wavetables is more than enough. The joy of working with a machine as extensive sonically and programing wise as the Solaris, is the ability to take simple waveforms, or wavetables and produce earth shattering and ground breaking results.

I have over 30 gigs of samples, but no where satisfied as I know I can be with a machine as the powerful as the Solaris. At the end of the day, one must load them up, either use DFD or sample RAM, and hear the same static samples all over again, with a little editing here and there. Grain synthesis, FM, wave tables, sines, saws, sawtooth, square and triangle waves, filters-24, 48 db ,comb filters, moog filters, OB filters, multiple modulation routings-Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! ! ! pure synthesis.

Cheers guys. 8)