Arpeggiator Editor beta v0.1

Post user arpeggiator or sequencer pattern data to share with other Solaris owners.

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

John Bowen
Site Admin

Arpeggiator Editor beta v0.1

Post by John Bowen »

Just in time for your New Year's Day - while you sitting around relaxing, you can try out this first version of our new Arpeggiator Pattern editor!
SolarisArpEditor_v0.1.zip
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 763 times
Connect your Solaris to your computer via the USB port, select the USB port in the application's MIDI setup page, and select the preset you want to play.

NOTE: your Solaris must be running the latest OS, v1.2 to work with this editor.

Here are the specifics:
1) This is written for Windows machines, and there is the code for either 32- or 64-bit systems. It also will run on a Mac in Windows emulations, such as VMware Fusion or Parallels.

If you are handy at coding for Mac OS X or iOS, please contact me for the source code if you'd like to try creating a version for those platforms.

2) This will edit the current User pattern of whatever Preset you are on in the Solaris. You can then either save the Preset with the new pattern, or save it on your computer with a new name, and then load it onto your CF card for use in your presets. If you take a look at the CF card 'Factory' folder, you will find a folder called 'Arp', and inside there, a number of patterns with the naming style arp0.pat, arp1.pat, etc. If you want to keep all of the current factory patterns, you need to start naming your newly created patterns with arp6.pat, and so on, and place them is this Arp folder.

They way these patterns work is as follows: for each preset, there is a unique pattern stored in the Preset which is called 'user'. If you select beyond the user pattern, you will see you can dial up any of these arp patterns from your folder. The user pattern only appears in the current preset, but the numbered patterns can be accessed by any Preset in the card. (By the way, this is also true for the Sequencer patterns, which need their own separate editor).

For this beta v0.1 version, I found that I had to reset the Pattern Length (PatLen) parameter after selecting one of my newly created patterns - the values look correct, but the Solaris plays back all 32 steps until you manually reset the value. (This may also be true for the Resolution - I need to check that again).

If you are able to try this out, please let me know if you find any other bugs or have questions.

Happy New Year to All!

John B.
scope4live

Re: Arpeggiator Editor beta v0.1

Post by scope4live »

Ankyu....
Be Festive JB.
Magnus C350 on a TV Dinner Tray Stand with 2 x PigNose Amps for stereo

https://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/wormhole
vega

Post by vega »

:P :D :wink:
+1
wouter

Post by wouter »

Very nice :)
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

UPDATE: one of our very own, 'galaxiesmerge', has been able to create a version for Mac OSX! I'll be testing it a bit more, but it seems to be working fine.

Thank so much, Arun!
vega

Post by vega »

ok john many thanks ,
but did i miss something , because i can't find the mac version on the forum ?
marzzz

Post by marzzz »

Yeah- I was going to ask you about that, because I saw it working at NAMM but hadn't seen it on the website here?
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Hi Guys,

I don't have it with with here in Germany - maybe I can get Arun to post it himself.

jb
vega

Post by vega »

thanks john ... :shock: