LED under large wheel (for entry button) non-functional

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

serena-5

LED under large wheel (for entry button) non-functional

Post by serena-5 »

Two things going on with my Solaris....
(1)...the LED above the enter button (under large data wheel) does not work...and...
(2)...even more disconcerting, the synth will go completely quiet after awhile (instantly, the volume disappears)...and the only way to get it back is to reboot it.
Anyone else heard to these ??
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: LED under large wheel (for entry button) non-functional

Post by John Bowen »

1) Are you saying the LED will not ever light up now?
2) This sounds like the issue with the Expression pedal - could you please check the Expression Pedal settings in your Home page area, and see if the Polarity is set to OFF? If it is not, and you don’t have any Expression Pedal plugged in, then you would get this sort of behavior. The thing to do is set the Expression polarity to OFF, then play it for a while, and let me know if you still experience this.

john b.
serena-5

Post by serena-5 »

Ok John…if I use the Data Wheel to find a patch, then hit the ENTER button, there is no light. But if I use the numeric keypad to enter a location, then hit the ENTER button, it will light up.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

serena-5 wrote:Ok John…if I use the Data Wheel to find a patch, then hit the ENTER button, there is no light. But if I use the numeric keypad to enter a location, then hit the ENTER button, it will light up.
Yes, that is correct. Good to know the ENTER light is working!
serena-5

Post by serena-5 »

So, it is working correctly, and not supposed to light up all the time it is used for entry ?? As far as the issue, the polarity on the Expression Pedal was ON, so I turned it off. So far, it has not returned. Now, I did this before, but the setting seems to have reverted back to on since I first set it to off weeks ago. So, understanding that the HOME settings are global, do I need to store them ??
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, sorry, the pedal polarity settings are global now, but they were left on the Home page instead of moved to the System page - a bit confusing perhaps.
Anyway, once you have those global settings as you wish, then you need to save the global init file to your CF card. This is done by going to the System page, and turning the upper right SAVE parameter to Active, then pressing ENTER. This will save the global files. (Unfortunately, there is a small bug with the LED action, as after doing this, it seems the Enter light wants to stay on, blinking.)

Remember, the global init file is loaded every time you power up your Solaris.

jb
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

serena-5 wrote:So, it is working correctly, and not supposed to light up all the time it is used for entry ??
Yes, because with the data entry, the synth doesn’t know if you want to enter a new preset by scrolling - you could be scrolling just to look at the different names, but not intending to load anything, so there’s really no way to know if Enter is always going to be needed just because someone activated the scroll wheel.

Pressing numbers on the keypad is a more definite action when in Preset Mode, as that’s the only thing allowed using the keypad when in that mode, so we can know to blink the ENTER light.