Voice stealing of held notes

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

marzzz

Voice stealing of held notes

Post by marzzz »

While playing moving chords in my right hand and holding octaves in my left, on several presets the held octave notes would be cut off- as if those voices were being stolen by my right hand playing. I noticed this on several polyphonic (i.e.., not "lead" or "bass") presets, and could not figure out why it was happening. Last night I went back to try to identify which presets this was occurring on, and of course it is no longer exhibiting this behavior. Note: I was using untweaked factory presets at the time.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Voice stealing of held notes

Post by John Bowen »

I suspect this is the same (or related to) a bug in the general voice handling code that is referenced in a couple of other posts here:

1) Cant Play 2 keys at the same time with mono sounds
2) Voices cut off when EG1 Decay was set to 0 en then to 0.1
3) Notes missing when hold is engaged
marzzz

Re: Voice stealing of held notes

Post by marzzz »

Part of the problem is that you get so lost in playing the Solaris that you venture into a bug without knowing how you got there! I even had that Osc display gibberish bug pop up again, but have no idea how it happened (no problems playing, and fixed with power-cycling). Right now I will continue playing thru various presets to see if this voice-stealing issue recurs; I will start with factory presets first, then see what happens with tweaking.