Audio stops when using data wheel to select patch in 10 view

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

deane_turner@hotmail.com

Audio stops when using data wheel to select patch in 10 view

Post by deane_turner@hotmail.com »

Hello,

Bootloader 1.1

I use the 10 preset view a lot and have experienced various failures (audio stops and multiple presets become highlighted simultaneously) when using navigation other than the increment/decrement buttons (they always work fine).

Steps to recreate would be (it may require the right variation and could depend possibly on the paticular patch):

- Load a preset in any manner.
- Initiate the 10 preset view.
- Select a preset from the view using increment/decrement, hit enter to load.
- Use the data wheel to load another preset, hit enter to load.
- Select another preset using the inc/dec - push inc/dec multiple times, and the display will highlight multiple presets, and sometimes will partially highlight a preset (block will cover only a few letters).
- The previous preset either remains and plays in a corrupted / partial sound or no audio will play at all.
- A reboot will fix the problem, and I have been successful in some cases by manually using the keypad to load a completely different bank.

In another case, I have lost audio (really most likely the preset is corrupted somehow) when the 10 preset window is active and presets have been loaded using it - and then switched banks or presets using the rotary knows below the preset display.

It seems to be the 10 preset view causing the issue (no category filtering going on).

I do not experience problems when loading presets manually, inc/dec, rotory knobs.

Thanks,

Deane
Attachments
solarismultiselect.JPG
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Audio stops when using data wheel to select patch in 10

Post by John Bowen »

Hi Deane,

Yes, the highlighting of several presets is a known bug - I think it happens more when you scroll backwards. But I've not heard that it affects the sound output!
I'm pretty sure it's not the case that the Solaris is trying to load all highlighted presets at the same time, if that is one of your thoughts. But when you do the scroll, the system has to go out to the CF card and read in the next group of presets, and this can cause some interruption of things (see the discussion about the arp sync here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16253). The solution I mention there quite likely could help here as well.

john b.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Audio stops when using data wheel to select patch in 10 view

Post by John Bowen »

This is fixed now in the upcoming v1.3 release, however, the multiple highlighting of several preset names is still going to be there.