typing values off

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

M-Prod

typing values off

Post by M-Prod »

Well, it seems a general problem so i'll suffice by posting that typing values often renders unexpected results since the number you type does not represent the value. The BPM is another example of a value you cannot type. It's only multiples of 10. So 1 = 10, 12=120. But the thing is typing is a fast way of getting to an EXACT value so this means there is no way of typing 123.
The more i get to know the solaris, the more i use the numeric keyboard, it's so much faster then dialing the value. I even try to remember modulation values i often use (17 for modwheel, 19 for ribbon, 20 for joystick x, etc. So it would be great if the numbers would have a correct match with the values selected.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: typing values off

Post by John Bowen »

And I have a list posted in the User Guide section here (Solaris Parameter List) that shows the number for each member in the Source list. It's a good idea to print out this list and tape it in the space above the joystick to become familiar with this numbering system.
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

Cool! I will
minorguy

Post by minorguy »

M-Prod wrote:The BPM is another example of a value you cannot type. It's only multiples of 10. So 1 = 10, 12=120. But the thing is typing is a fast way of getting to an EXACT value so this means there is no way of typing 123.
As you may have already figured out by now (and as I just discovered) you can get the exact BPM value you want by entering the value divided by 10. So if you want 12 BPM, enter 1.2. If you want 123 BPM, enter 12.3.
Solaris #249
M-Prod

Post by M-Prod »

Haha, no I hadn't figured that out yet! Didn't realize you could type decimals. Thnx!