Odd thing with preset 2.11

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

koenig

Odd thing with preset 2.11

Post by koenig »

I was fiddling around with the presets and stumbled across 2.11 - "CL 90s Minor Stab B". If I hit two keys at once at a fairly fast pace I get a rather random result (just once in a while do I get a tone) whereas if I do the same thing with only one key, everything works as expected. Peculiar, that is I have no idea what is going on - whether this is by design or not - hence the report.

Cheers
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Odd thing with preset 2.11

Post by John Bowen »

Well, this IS a Monophonic assignment, so you are usually only playing 1 note at a time...but when you play 2 keys, there's an issue with the EG Reset and/or the Release time of EG6. The Release is long enough that the voices being assigned are not 'finished playing' yet, so when you hit 2 keys together again rapidly, you 'rob' the voice assignment (since Mono PlayMode is reserving just one set of voices).
Anyway, 2 ways to address this - change the EG Reset to Running, or shorten the EG6 Release time, and you will get a better result.
(And I'm not saying there isn't a voice handler problem - could be, as we still have to revise that area for some other bugs).