only 7 bank ?

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

jblive

only 7 bank ?

Post by jblive »

Hello i just have 7 bank of 128 sound , i see somewhere there is 128 bank in solaris , am i wrong ?
koenig

Re: only 7 bank ?

Post by koenig »

You only see the the banks for which you have sounds installed. Check your CF card and you will see the structure and you are free to add more banks and sounds to them, just by copying the new patches from your computer to the CF card. Rather nifty, if you ask me :D
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, and you do need a CF card reader for your computer to do this!
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

jblive wrote:Hello i just have 7 bank of 128 sound , i see somewhere there is 128 bank in solaris , am i wrong ?
It's probably better to say that the Solaris can handle up to 128 Banks of Programs on the CF card. Unlike most every other synth, there is no Program memory (RAM) onboard the Solaris - it is all on the CF card!

I could have put all of the Banks on the card (where most of them would be INIT or blank Programs), but there's really no reason for it. You only have as many banks as you need/want/have on the card.

John B.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Update - it turns out there IS a bug in reading banks (not really exactly what this topic post was about). Currently the Solaris will read any bank above Bank10 as coming from the bank number - 10. So, this means:

Bank11 - loads Bank1
Bank12 - Bank2 is loaded, etc.

This is on the bug list now.