Sustain pedal cuts notes

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

M-Prod

Sustain pedal cuts notes

Post by M-Prod »

Hi There,

My sustain pedal behaves strange. When i release it, it cuts all notes, also the ones held down. This only happens when polyphony is maxed out (eg when playing of sustaining >10 notes).
My polarity is set right btw
christeck

Re: Sustain pedal cuts notes

Post by christeck »

Same here. My current workaround reads as »Don't touch the sustain pedal«. I wouldn't complain I could eventually use it, though :) .
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

The same happened today in my solaris but it worked well again with a reboot ...
Northern_Lights

Post by Northern_Lights »

I see the previous post is from 2015, but I can just confirm this problem on a recently purchased 2016 unit as well (#285). I programmed a DX-7 style elpiano (using a wavetable oscillator btw), and started to play a sequence of big chords, pedal down. (Yes, I had to set the right polarity for my pedal first of all). I would expect some voice-stealing to happen during this exercise, after all there is only 10 voices. But this is a different thing, it just cuts all voices, an at at pedal up (or immidiately after). At pedal up you will expect the machine to cut all (still) sustaining notes that has been previosly released ("key up"), while leaving still held notes (keys down) unaffected. Instead it erroneously cut all notes, wether keys are held or not. Instead of only cutting notes in the release-stage of the (amp)envelope, it cuts all notes, regardelss stage! If I describe this correct, it should be a fairly easy thing to rectify in the code. In the meantime the synth is just useless for playing this type of sounds (el-piano without pedal - a bit limiting in the long run...), which is a shame, considering the qualities of the synth in other respects. Hopefully this will come high on the priority list for bug.fixes, both because it severly affect the playability of the synt, and also because (my guess...) the problem is fairly easy to understand wrt coding).

best regs
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

I’ve reported this - thanks for the detail...
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

This seems to be fixed now with beta v1.2.12.2.....