Sustain Pedal Global save issue?

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Scott_V

Sustain Pedal Global save issue?

Post by Scott_V »

John,
Is there a known problem with the Pedal assignments Global Save? The Pedal assignments do not appear to be saved as "Global" (i.e. universal to all presets) as described in the manual. This is a very frustrating issue since pedal assignments should be global to the instrument (otherwise a great time waste re-setting for each preset). There also appears to be an issue of even inconsistent pedal assignment saves within presents once set.
Thank you,
Scott
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Sustain Pedal Global save issue?

Post by John Bowen »

Scott,

The only Global settings for the pedals are the Polarity settings; the functional assignments are on a per preset basis, as feared :-) Obviously, this is something I didn't fully consider in the original design, and agree that needs to be changed/enhanced. (Easiest now would be to add another value to the assignment list, that being Global, then have a proper Global page where these are set.)
Scott_V

Post by Scott_V »

Thanks for the prompt reply John and information. Yes indeed - this would be a very helpful update to the Solaris; hopefully sooner than later...
Scott_V

Post by Scott_V »

Hello John,

It's nice to see V1.3 finally arrive. And I'm pleased with several of the frustrating bugs have been fixed.

However; I'm afraid the Global settings issue with the pedal assignments addressed in this thread does not appear to be resolved with this update. Is this an oversight of it dropping off the bug list, or simply not addressed at this time?

It does get very old very quick having to change & save the pedal functional assignments on every new preset used - a global set & forget is what is needed. Please tell me that this is still on the to-do list, or that I'm overlooking something obvious that will resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Scott
synthwalker

Post by synthwalker »

Where's the bug ? Don't name a bug a no-bug...
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

It's on the to-do list, but not the bug list. The priority was to fix the major bugs first.
Scott_V

Post by Scott_V »

Thanks for the prompt reply John, and clarification on how you're tracking/working this issue.

Scott
Scott_V

Post by Scott_V »

Thank you for the Global Sustain Pedal option with the recent release of 1.3.1 - very much appreciated, makes life so much easier!!
Scott