Compare function might alter modulation sources in 1.4.0.1

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

Octupole

Compare function might alter modulation sources in 1.4.0.1

Post by Octupole »

As mentioned in another thread, the compare function might alter the modulation source in the edited version of the sound. I.e. if you use compare to switch back to the original sound, and then use compare again switch to the edited sound, the modulation source might be altered. I studied this and found some systematics in my unit (s/n 83).

Depending on the number of the modulation source, I found the following behaviour:

01 ... 13 (LFO 1 ... LpEG1Y): no problems, modulation source stays inteact.
14 ... 15 (Vel ... AT): modulation source is set to 0 ( i.e. OFF)
16 ... 49 (Note ... Osc1): number of the modulation source is reduced by 2 (i.e. "Note" becomes "Vel", ..., "Osc1" becomes "Breath"). Each time you press compare twice again, the number of the modulation source is further reduced by 2, until you end up with 15 and then 0, or 14 and then 0.
50 ... 59 (Osc2 ... Mixer1): modulation source is set to 0 ( i.e. OFF)
60 ... 82 (Mixer2 ... SPdifR): number of the modulation source is reduced by 12 (i.e. "Mixer2" becomes "Maxval", ... ,"SPdifR" becomes "InsFX4"). Again, repeated use of the compare function further reduces the modulation source number.

I could reproduce this behaviour in different modulation slots. Hope this helps for the debugging.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Compare function might alter modulation sources in 1.4.0.1

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, this has been fixed now.