Saving preset in empty place OS 1.4.2

Moderator: Solaris Moderators

chapolin

Saving preset in empty place OS 1.4.2

Post by chapolin »

Hi,

Today with 1.4.2 OS I can not save a new preset in an empty place. I can only save it if there is already a preset. It happen to you also ? maybe a little bug ?

Regards
Philippe
John Bowen
Site Admin

Re: Saving preset in empty place OS 1.4.2

Post by John Bowen »

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you saying you are trying to save a preset to where it says Empty? You shouldn’t be able to do that. The best way to do it is to have INIT presets for all 128 locations, then you write over these. If it was possible in previous OS, maybe that was the bug :-)
But I will check with Jim in any case...
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you saying you are trying to save a preset to where it says Empty?
Yes lol
The best way to do it is to have INIT presets for all 128 locations
I understand, I had copy some INIT presets in my bank and it work fine like that.

But, to check if my memory is good, I just made a verification with solaris_os_v1_2.zip (the oldest OS that I have) and with this OS I am able to copy a preset in every empty file :wink:
For example in my Bank21 I have only P0.PRE + p1.JB Taurus Bass.pre + P2.PRE + P3.PRE + P4.PRE (I worked today with one of your presets) and I was able to save Bank0 P0.PRE to Bank21 10 empty. So, after, I had P0.PRE + p1.JB Taurus Bass.pre + P2.PRE + P3.PRE + P4.PR + P10.PRE in my Bank 21.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

Yes, Jim checked it - working at v1.3. I’m not sure how critical this is, but possibly it can be returned in the next update.
chapolin

Post by chapolin »

Ah yes, thank you by advance, I prefer to be able to copy presets in empty place.
wouter

Post by wouter »

chapolin wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:39 am Ah yes, thank you by advance, I prefer to be able to copy presets in empty place.
Same here.
amongstmyselves

Post by amongstmyselves »

Just came across this "bug/feature". I was wondering where a patch was that I was playing with the other day. The machine will allow you to save it but when you change to another patch and come back it will not be there. I will file the banks up with INIT files !

Good to know it's a known operation.
John Bowen
Site Admin

Post by John Bowen »

This should be fixed with 1.4.3 OS.